Some Questions About Tuning

Apr 24, 2017
My 2016 mustang gt is stock besides a borla catback. I'm interested in doing sticky tires, wheel hop kit, PMAS intake, and a tune.. Anyone know how do I get a tune in central ohio or anywhere for that matter? What kind of tune should I get (BAMA, Lund, street tune, dyno, something else, I literally know nothing about tunes)? How much should I pay for one? And most importantly, are tunes dangerous? I ask because my buddy just blew his engine in his 2015 subaru STI and all he had done to it was basically catback, intake and some sort of tune (ECU flash/remap or something like that)... Granted the STI comes from the factory as a small boosted engine probably not as tough as a coyote plus he blew it at a circuit track where it was probably being exposed to high revs and max power for long periods of time, but still just sayin' (warranty would not cover his blown engine bc of the mods specifically the tune - he didn't ask why they denied it, for some reason)

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

I'm in northern Ohio right around Cleveland, and there isn't much around here either. How far are you from Norwalk Ohio? There is a shop that does custom tuning and dyno sessions and they specialize in ford modular engines.

http://www.crt-performance.com/

And if you go on a Friday, you can go over to Summit Motorsports park (the old Norwalk Raceway) for a test n tune session. All you need is a valid drivers licence and 13 bucks. Gates open at 4 racing starts at 6

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I'm in Columbus, at least two hours from Norwalk. I used to love the old Norwalk Raceway Park, haven't been in over ten years. Thanks for the advice, myabe I'll make the drive and check it out. I know there's at least one dyno tuner here in columbus.. What do you think is a reasonable price? And what about simple hand held tuners, those any good?