somebody school me.

CarMichael Angelo

my rearend will smell so minty fresh,
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
When did the term "Murdered out" come to mean all blacked out?

What the hell does the three letters "FTW" mean at the end of a post, and where did that stupid sh it come from?

I'm sure there are other abbreviations that pi ss me off,(especially if they mean stupid crap like "for the world" so take the liberty and clue me in if you can think of one.

• Sponsors (?)

really?? I guess i'm as bad as you mike I thought it stood for f*ck the world

Well, it does also mean that, but i think the current internet trendy usage means for the win. http://netforbeginners.about.com/od/f/f/What-Is-FTW-for-the-Win.htm

murdered out is black everything from the grill to headlights to window tint

Now that i think of it, i think the term originated on the show Rob And Big on MTV when Rob's SUV was done in all satin black. At least that's the first time i recall hearing the phrase.

Reactions: 1 user
Blacked out is gloss black, black accents (wheels tint, ect), murdered out is flat black with black accents, angeled out is everything white, storm trooped is white car with black accents (windows, shaded heads and tails, emblems,ect)

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

When did the term "Murdered out" come to mean all blacked out?

What the hell does the three letters "FTW" mean at the end of a post, and where did that stupid sh it come from?

I'm sure there are other abbreviations that pi ss me off,(especially if they mean stupid crap like "for the world" so take the liberty and clue me in if you can think of one.

Apparently this new "lingo" just ain't groovy enough for you, huh cat? All this new age stuff messing with your zen? Jive turkey.....

:D

Apparently this new "lingo" just ain't groovy enough for you, huh cat? All this new age stuff messing with your zen? Jive turkey.....

Aww kiss my ass Allen,...I shoulda known that there'd be somebody to make some retro 70's comment w/ regard to my understanding of where FTW originated from. Fortunately, I'm lucky that there is somebody current w/ all of the american slang, such as yourself to educate me, Great Grand Word Wizard.
FWIW, I use current "shortcuts" all the time. IMO some of them work as they're intended. So many others have some dumb assed origins, and I'll refuse to use them because I think they're stupid. ( like "murdered out", or "whip",.... 0r pretty much the any of the stuff that comes straight off of Pimp my ride)
This goes way back though,....I hate the word "chick" and never used Awesome, or Far Out or the stoner version, Far Fuc king out.

Sometimes I'll look at the abbreviation or word and figure it out, other times I'll have to just go w/it until I give up and ask. Other times it serves to keep the humor quotient in the forum intact.:banana:

(Remember, I'm the guy that wondered why somebody would wanna put a 351 W into a new Ford Edge, as opposed to putting a 351W into a new edge) ........however , now that I know the difference, I still think that calling that body style "new edge" is stupid.

Sometimes I'll get a comment like you made and LOL, better yet, I'll find them really funny and LMAO. (only coming from you, I have yet to find them that funny) I have yet to ever actually ROTFLMAO (my dog sheds really bad and I'd get all hairy)
It's been a little while, since there seems to be very few people (save 1 or 2) that I actually offend enough for me to tell them to STFU in the ensuing conversations. But that only happens when I make derogatory comments about the SN95 body style, or the 2 valve engine that it comes with.

Lastly there are those that think I did something wrong, or didn't like the way I did or said it. Although it's rare (that I don't care) to a few others, (and they know who they are) I don't give a RRA what they think.
(I just made that one up,...look at me......alll up w/ the new style lingo and shi t)
Cracker.

Aww kiss my ass Allen,...I shoulda known that there'd be somebody to make some retro 70's comment w/ regard to my understanding of where FTW originated from. Fortunately, I'm lucky that there is somebody current w/ all of the american slang, such as yourself to educate me, Great Grand Word Wizard.
FWIW, I use current "shortcuts" all the time. IMO some of them work as they're intended. So many others have some dumb assed origins, and I'll refuse to use them because I think they're stupid. ( like "murdered out", or "whip",.... 0r pretty much the any of the stuff that comes straight off of Pimp my ride)
This goes way back though,....I hate the word "chick" and never used Awesome, or Far Out or the stoner version, Far Fuc king out.

Sometimes I'll look at the abbreviation or word and figure it out, other times I'll have to just go w/it until I give up and ask. Other times it serves to keep the humor quotient in the forum intact.:banana:

(Remember, I'm the guy that wondered why somebody would wanna put a 351 W into a new Ford Edge, as opposed to putting a 351W into a new edge) ........however , now that I know the difference, I still think that calling that body style "new edge" is stupid.

Sometimes I'll get a comment like you made and LOL, better yet, I'll find them really funny and LMAO. (only coming from you, I have yet to find them that funny) I have yet to ever actually ROTFLMAO (my dog sheds really bad and I'd get all hairy)
It's been a little while, since there seems to be very few people (save 1 or 2) that I actually offend enough for me to tell them to STFU in the ensuing conversations. But that only happens when I make derogatory comments about the SN95 body style, or the 2 valve engine that it comes with.

Lastly there are those that think I did something wrong, or didn't like the way I did or said it. Although it's rare (that I don't care) to a few others, (and they know who they are) I don't give a RRA what they think.
(I just made that one up,...look at me......alll up w/ the new style lingo and shi t)
Cracker.
:lol::lol::lol: Go mike!!! :rlaugh:...You kill me.

I gotta say though, I thought you'd like my 70's reference.:shrug: I mean, how many other people on this board are old enough to remember those?

Man, I gotta work on my humor...
Naww you just gotta be able to take a punch.
kaboom.gif

Wtf is the GD point the OP was trying to make? Srsly? Idgaf wtf u were trying 2 do.

Gtfo or do something's. Idk. Maybe use google?

Ne1 want 2 help him?

Meh, tfg is beyond hlp.

While I appreciate everyone's "attempt" to enlighten me, turns out the link to lmgtfy has 6 different usages for the term.
1. For The Win
2. F uck The World
3. F ucking Tiny Weiners
4. F uck That Whore
5. F uck The What?
6. Forever Two Wheels

So, am I to assume that every time I see Ftw at the end of a post, that the guy is a gamer, a depressed, angst ridden teenager, Someone bragging about his manliness, A guy that hates his ex girlfriend, A smart ass responding to WTF? Or a Biker?