Somebody tell me there's a light at the end of the tunnel!

A year or so ago I purchased a 93 LX Notch. I decided to stroke it to a 347 and reused the Vortech V1 supercharger it had before to include port work and perf. parts.

It's been a long process since every performance shop and engine builder has his own way of seeing things.

I just finished lowering the engine (transmission is out) but I noticed that my 7qt Canton oil pan with the rear kickouts touches the kmember. At first I thought my Kmember is bent but if I lift the rear of the engine about an inch up, it clears the kmbr. I hope once I install the tranny this will fix it. Working on it this weekend. Has anyone had this experience before?

oh btw, any sprchgd 347 owners in here??? where you at!:D

• Sponsors (?)

What these guys said. You should honestly have something supporting the rear of the engine, so you don't damage your engine mounts, by letting it sag. It's a three point mounting system, with the transmission and its mount making the third point and keeping the engine level. Put a block of wood on your floor jack and raise up the engine some. It'll put less stress on the mounts and give you a better idea about your clearance.