Someone Explain FMU Hookup For Me

92GreenGT

PEAT
Founding Member
Jul 18, 2002
Big Stone Gap, VA
Maybe a stupid question, but the Vortech instructions confuse me. I got a new intake on the way, so I am going to buy a new TB and injectors. But I want to get this thing running. Got the Grand Rod Run comming up next weekend and I want to go to it. So can someone explain how to hook up a FMU? I know about the line running from the top to the vaccum tree. But I am mainly concerned about the fuel lines. So if someone would set me straight I would be happy.:p:nice:

Dave

• Sponsors (?)

92GreenGT said:
Maybe a stupid question, but the Vortech instructions confuse me. I got a new intake on the way, so I am going to buy a new TB and injectors. But I want to get this thing running. Got the Grand Rod Run comming up next weekend and I want to go to it. So can someone explain how to hook up a FMU? I know about the line running from the top to the vaccum tree. But I am mainly concerned about the fuel lines. So if someone would set me straight I would be happy.:p:nice:

Dave
Not sure how the vorteck fmu comes but the one i got with my Procharger had lines already on it. Pretty simple. There are lines on the pass side of the car behind the alternator. I disconnected them and taped the fmu in between. They are different fittings (male/female) so you can't screw it up. The male from the fmu goes to the female of the car and vice versa. :nice:

First Dave you need to disconnect the stock fuel lines, if you don't the tools most auto parts stores carry them. Dave basically the FMU gets installed between the one stock fuel line, this way it backs up the pressure and make sthe pressure higher at the reg/rails. A 8:1 FMU should give you 8 lbs of fuel per 1 pound of boost so if you have a 40lb base setting and you see 5 pounds of boost you would see 80psi on your gauge.

Rick 91GT said:
First Dave you need to disconnect the stock fuel lines, if you don't the tools most auto parts stores carry them. Dave basically the FMU gets installed between the one stock fuel line, this way it backs up the pressure and make sthe pressure higher at the reg/rails. A 8:1 FMU should give you 8 lbs of fuel per 1 pound of boost so if you have a 40lb base setting and you see 5 pounds of boost you would see 80psi on your gauge.
Oh damn, Thanks for the info. That just totally set the picture right there, that was easy enough. I am going to get the disconnect tool tomorrow. Thanks for the help, I am so stupid sometimes.:lol::nice:

Dave