Someone please save these cars.

• Sponsors (?)

The real question is whether its worth restoring. :nice:

very few collectible cars are actually "worth" doing a full restoration on, speaking in economical terms... you could easily spend 75k fully restoring a 1969 Chevelle or any other desirable muscle car and get 50k or under in return... just ask Barrett-Jackson, most people do it for the love of the car hobby, sentimental value, nostalgia, etc.

to me they're all worth it, i just don't have the means monetarily, and many people on here are in the same boat i'm sure

very few collectible cars are actually "worth" doing a full restoration on, speaking in economical terms... you could easily spend 75k fully restoring a 1969 Chevelle or any other desirable muscle car and get 50k or under in return... just ask Barrett-Jackson, most people do it for the love of the car hobby, sentimental value, nostalgia, etc.

to me they're all worth it, i just don't have the means monetarily, and many people on here are in the same boat i'm sure

Barrett-Jackson, and the rich, orthodontist type, speculators, are what ruined the hobby. If you don't care about the cars, stay with real estate, or stocks(they did a great job on those investments). Plus, those guys ask massive $ for cars they restored(most likely, had someone else do), but aren't going to get that money for the car, but it makes the ads look frightening to anyone but another speculator. $40K for a toy car? Thats why they run those ads for so long, the car sits there, nobody's gonna buy it. And the real car guys are left out. Have a heart, save a 5.0!:nice:

Wow i really wish i had the funds to save those cars. I can't tell how much i hate seeing wasted potential. Like at a local junkyard of mine there's a '79 pace car that ran and drove and was in decent shape when the guy sold it to them. Now it's on the ground resting on the floors rotting away and it's barley been parted out :(

Wow i really wish i had the funds to save those cars. I can't tell how much i hate seeing wasted potential. Like at a local junkyard of mine there's a '79 pace car that ran and drove and was in decent shape when the guy sold it to them. Now it's on the ground resting on the floors rotting away and it's barley been parted out :(

Where in NJ are you from? I heard of a car that suffered a similar fate near me.

There was one like that around here. Just a shell tho. I went back the next day with the car trailer. When I got there they told me I was an hour to late. It had allready be crushed.:(

Barrett-Jackson, and the rich, orthodontist type, speculators, are what ruined the hobby. If you don't care about the cars, stay with real estate, or stocks(they did a great job on those investments). Plus, those guys ask massive $ for cars they restored(most likely, had someone else do), but aren't going to get that money for the car, but it makes the ads look frightening to anyone but another speculator. $40K for a toy car? Thats why they run those ads for so long, the car sits there, nobody's gonna buy it. And the real car guys are left out. Have a heart, save a 5.0!:nice:

I agree with you 100%. I appreciate the cars that are done "on your own time and on your own dime." Big dollar, true car collectors like Jay Leno and Jerry Seinfeld are one thing, but the fact that every doctor or dentist with a spare 50k now sees a muscle car they know nothing about as a status symbol is ruining the car hobby for a lot of people with more meager lifestyles.

Concourse-worthy collector cars that were on a rotisserie for 10 years before being shown aside, I would like to see the muscle car craze remain in the middle class driveways and garages it started in.

the capri isnt that bad from the pics. if it was closer i would deff go take a look. no buble back an not rotted like crazy so it wouldnt be that bad of a car if it looks like that in person. the 2 cars stuck in the woods idk, floors are probably gone. not somethin i would wanna do but deff fixable. guess it all depends on what you want an how bad you want it.

sad to see. some guy in my town has an early 80's cobra that has been sitting in his yard for ten years that he thinks is worth 10 million dollars. oh well, is too bad, but it happens

Yeah I don't get it either. Its one thing if that particular car was once your car and had sentimental value.

But for the average joe to go and start with a car like that....that average joe must be a glutton for punishment because like others have said, if you like restoring cars you'd find something a little more put together already.

/cars life.

I will pass. Sometimes you just have to put a racehorse down.

:stupid:

A car sitting in a field (especially a fox body) for go knows how long just screams.....no floor pans and dry rot. They all look like they're more trouble than they're worth IMO. :shrug:

He wants $250 for them because that's probably what he'll get for them as scrap metal....which is probably all they're worth at this point. 10-years ago they might have been worth a look, but now....:notnice: