Someone tell me what this thing does, I need it gone

View attachment 269807

It plugs into the fan. My aftermarket radiator is too thick and this thing hits my water pump pulley. I unplugged it and unplugged what plugs into the back of this thing. I noticed the plug that was in the back of this plugs straight into the fan. So can I just not use this thing? :shrug: What the hell does it do?

• Sponsors (?)

That's the circuit breaker that was installed as part of the recall on the fan assembly, which was to prevent the car from burning if the bearings failed in the fan. I don't know off hand what the amperage rating is on it, but if you remove it, you should add a circuit breaker up the harness further, so you don't end up with a crispy car, should the fan fail.

Don't bother going to have it installed. I've seen countless issues where those breakers trip and the damn fan doesn't operate period! Sometimes the fan will naturally draw more amperage than the breaker allows and thus, your fan won't work until you restart your car.

Those fan motors aren't that expensive (about 60 bucks I paid for mine) and it's a much better design and cheap insurance. Go buy a new fan motor and chunk that little critter in the trash before it blows your head gaskets or worse!!!

Don't bother going to have it installed. I've seen countless issues where those breakers trip and the damn fan doesn't operate period! Sometimes the fan will naturally draw more amperage than the breaker allows and thus, your fan won't work until you restart your car.

Those fan motors aren't that expensive (about 60 bucks I paid for mine) and it's a much better design and cheap insurance. Go buy a new fan motor and chunk that little critter in the trash before it blows your head gaskets or worse!!!

Good advice. You just saved me a trip to the dealer. I keep a fire extinguisher in the car anyway.

Kurt