Something everyone who street races should watch **graphic warning**

after watching this video, i think im gonna buy a 20 thousand dollar truck and a 10 thousand dollar trailer so i can not drive my car anywhere but the race track.... ill push my car onto the trailer and drive 100+ miles and wait in line all day to race 2-3 times, after they inspect my car for safety violations of course...

i totaly agree the fact is it is easier to just drag down the streets at 3 in the morning there is nobody out at that time and its not like its down the main street it is always on a back raod with no stop lights/signs or side streets. not everyone wants to wait until the track is open or has the equipment to transport our cars to the strip let alone but a helmet not to mention when someone calls you out at a local cruse you dont want to wait till the track is open you want to race that night

• Sponsors (?)

i totaly agree the fact is it is easier to just drag down the streets at 3 in the morning there is nobody out at that time and its not like its down the main street it is always on a back raod with no stop lights/signs or side streets. not everyone wants to wait until the track is open or has the equipment to transport our cars to the strip let alone but a helmet not to mention when someone calls you out at a local cruse you dont want to wait till the track is open you want to race that night

your so immature

Wait... what? I hope you're kidding. :nonono:

Grow the f up guy...:nonono:

Gentlemen,

I believe riceslayer was joking in his last post. Regardless of your personal opinion in the matter, I'd ask that you at least show respect towards the other members here even if you do not see eye to eye. Personal attacks are how threads go down hill.

Thanks,

Chris

Makes me think of a guy up in Eustis several years back. He had finally convinced his mom to help him buy a Foxbody GT and was out messing around with another friend of his in another car. I can't remember how fast they were going but it was well in excess of the speed limit. Anyways it was right before Christmas and he ended up t boning a woman pulling into a neighborhood. The woman and her passenger were both out driving through neighborhoods looking at Christmas lights. Both died that day. The guy driving the Mustang was injured but ended up living. The story gets worse when you learn that the woman driving the other car was his mom.

I know that he spent some time in jail, not sure how much, but he will have to live with the fact that his actions directly resulted in his mom's death and that of her friend as well.

I remember reading about it in the paper and it hit pretty close to home. There have been plenty of times when I was younger that I did things with out much thought for any consequences or the future. That story changed my driving habits pretty drastically. So in my opinion street racing is bad, no ifs ands or buts about it. Things can happen that you have not control over and there are not safety crews or anything. And usually its in a deserted location so fire/emts aren't going to be right around the corner. But like I said its my opinion and everyone is entitled to a different one.

As others have said the video isn't directly related to street racing but more to paying attention to your surroundings at all times.

just my $.02

edit: little misinformation. He didn't t bone the other car he rearended it.

Ah, come on, man... Everyone makes bad decisions at some point in their life. I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy that his mistake would result in killing someone so close to him. There could be nothing worse. I accept the possibility that I might one day kill myself doing things that I love (racing, skydiving, flying, etc), but I would be in the depths of hell if my stupidity or mistake resulted in something like that. That's why I particularly avoid risks that endanger innocents.

Ah, come on, man... Everyone makes bad decisions at some point in their life. I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy that his mistake would result in killing someone so close to him. There could be nothing worse. I accept the possibility that I might one day kill myself doing things that I love (racing, skydiving, flying, etc), but I would be in the depths of hell if my stupidity or mistake resulted in something like that. That's why I particularly avoid risks that endanger innocents.

Amen. But could you imagine if it was his buddy who killed his mom? Imagine the hurt/confused/distraught feelings you'd have toward that person AND yourself.

I watched about half of it and got the point. Didn't really see anything to do with street racing, instead it was just stupidity and not understanding how to operate a vechile and obey the laws of the road. Not saying the video isn't something that is good to watch but its the truth. Kid crossing the street and texting at the same time without looking either way is just plain stupid, not the poor driver of the cars fault at all. Though in reality I am sure he/she would get charged for something or other. That is what should be shown in high schools and drivers ED.

Exactly. I saw nothing to do with street racing, rather in most cases, someone doing something stupid. I'm not going to say I never street raced, but everywhere I did, it was relatively safe(industrial park, a highway with no entrance ramps for 1/2 a mile from the traffic light, etc) It is a good film to show to people just getting their license though.