Something to look at, pics on my cardomain site

• Sponsors (?)

WOW, you've got some MAD fabrication skills! I love that you didn't hold anything sacred. If you didn't like it, you went in there and changed it.

What kind of fabrication tools do you have access to? Are you a body man or a machinist?

I'm looking forward to the rest. :nice:

Yeh looks nice, I especially like the cleaning up of the body, welding seams, door locks. I think this pic:

562245_27_full.jpg

shows how the car will look when it is done, sorta lol, but the only thing on the body is the C curves on the side, and it will stand out because the paint will be smooth, and there are no badges to detract from it.

3spd on floor said:
i like what you did with the radiator support, how difficult was that to make? Are there many parts that bolt to it, or is it pretty much just a flat metal piece?

The radiator support wasn't too hard to make. But i wouldn't advise doing this unless you had some fabrication skills. The shop next to me is a sheet metal shop. So i had access to sheetmetal and his tools. Other than that, its just a straight bar, square tubing with two pieces of sheetmetal cut to size on each side. Then two more pieces on either side of the radiator on top, but these pieces have bends on the ends. The only thing that needs to be bolted, or welded to it is the hood latch. But that radiator only cost me 200 bucks, griffin aluminum dual 1" core radiator. :lol:

Hack said:
WOW, you've got some MAD fabrication skills! I love that you didn't hold anything sacred. If you didn't like it, you went in there and changed it.

What kind of fabrication tools do you have access to? Are you a body man or a machinist?

I'm looking forward to the rest. :nice:

Everything i'm doing is pretty much my first time. The only skill that i have is i'm very handy and good at working on cars. Dads a mechanic, which taught me to be one. The machining, welding, sheetmetal, i'm actually learning as i go. O, and doing body work too, and this will be my first car i paint, so keep your fingers cross and wish me luck. :nice: