son of a BIA!!!

_MATiC

Sep 24, 2003
El Paso, TX
so yesterday my girlfriends car starts acting up, not starting up right, etc. so i decide to lend her mine to go to work in, only 10 mins away..well, i get a call from her saying she wants to go over to a friends after work..i try and explain to her that i dont want her going out becuz it might rain, my lights are pretty low (after headlight replacement), and that its not the same driving my car!!..so she gets upset and to try n be a good bf, i let her go..big mistake. so i get a call around 3 am (i told her not to be too late), and she says "something happened." well this "something' turned to out to be that someone clipped my driverside fender when she was driving and my gf ended up going over some sand/rock hill..so i go pick her up and my car looks like hell..front bumper is ALL fuct up becuz she hit some shrub/bushes, fender is all dented in, the rocks chewed up my belt, i couldn't see if my radiator was cracked but i smelled coolant. man, i am PISSED and i let my girlfriend have it for being so damn stubborn and not listening to me....so now i gotta drive my happy ass to pick up my car and see what REALLY happened.. :fuss: :fuss: :fuss: :bang: :bang: :uzi: :uzi: :uzi: :chair: :chair: :chair:

• Sponsors (?)

I don't know how many times I have heard this "I let my girlfriend drive, she totaled my car." story. I think it's actually against the law to let your girlfriend drive your Mustang nowadays. :D

well hopefully there isn't anything wrong, engine wise, other than the belt. i will def. post pics for u guys..she lost a side skirt along the way, so new sideskirts! woo, and a new bumper..now just gotta figure out which one!

ok so here are the pics.

View attachment 506277 front bumper is all fuct up here

View attachment 506279 passenger side tail is broken plus my bumper is all scratched

View attachment 506281 where's my side skirt?! and the door is all dented

View attachment 506283 you can't really tell but my fender is pushed in quite a bit

View attachment 506285 towin her home :(

what i found out after seeing it in the light, other than the obvious, is that the radiator support was pushed in so the radiator cracked, and the belt kinda cut into my overflow tank. not too bad at all..just gotta pull the front out a little bit. i got quoted 500 for all the body work plus parts. while i'm at it, im getting a buddy to paint it for nearly nothing so she'll be back in BLACK..:D

PS: for all those who think she didn't care, my girlfriend was sincerely sorry and she's even going to help pay for everything. after her crying for a while, the only thing that really matters is that she was ok.. :)

Crap like that happens. My girl drives a 93 GT and I let her take mine all the time. A few weeks ago she scraped the rear quarter panel in front of the wheel becuase she wasn't used to the wider panel. There are two steel poles in front of the front gate controller that you have to get really close to and she misjudged it as she pulled away. She was more upset than I was so I wasn't about to get pissed at her for it. Just one more thing to fix. . .

Anway, $500 could be alot worse, and worse yet, she could have been hurt. Maybe its time for a GOOD radiator?