Sons and Daughters...

• Sponsors (?)

There's a Fun Ford Weekend in Spokane in June. Maybe you should come out for a visit?
I was just going to say this! I too live close to Fairchild and my closest friend from my childhood was a Lt there until three months ago, now he's down in Texas. Does some sort of aerospace physiology training... Flight chamber stuff.

Anyways, tell him to get ready for a COMPLETE weather change.

We're over in Seattle, but we've already made reservations at the Northern Quest for Friday and Saturday. It oughta be a good time and it is literally right next door to FAFB.

S.E.R.E. is some badass stuff. I read up some on it mainly because i was interested in a custom knife maker who has that background and is making knives with this purpose in mind. Kudos to your son.

We're over in Seattle, but we've already made reservations at the Northern Quest for Friday and Saturday. It oughta be a good time and it is literally right next door to FAFB.
Well Dave, I was very excited to learn of that (originally) until after I map quested it. 34 hours, 2300 miles. That'd be 4 days driving for 2 days, and 4 days back through two high mtn ranges w/ a carb. I don't see that happenin'. Besides, I got a committment to Stangweek in July already in Mrytle beach, NC.

I thought about it really hard. The drive would be awesome! But he'll be right in the middle of the proverbial sh it about then, and it's too sketchy to even plan it tenatively. So,...reluctantly,.....it's too damn far away.:nonono:

S.E.R.E. is some badass stuff. I read up some on it mainly because i was interested in a custom knife maker who has that background and is making knives with this purpose in mind. Kudos to your son.

You're right,...it is some tough shi t. I gotta take my hat off to him, I got zero interest in playing Jerimiah Johnson myself. He goes through the indoctrination "weeding out" phase right here in San Antonio at a small base called the Medina Annex, starting off week one w/ a helicopter water drop, where he and several others are strapped in to a mock Blackhawk Fuselage, dropped into a pool, and flipped over. (he's looking forward to it:rolleyes:):flag:

And thanks to all. Tommorrow is the last day we have him, and Monday he starts the adventure. We go back home. :nonono: