Sorry guys but I change mind about AFR 165, I getting TFS Twisted Wedge

who cares, its cheaper and will get you where you need

i know the valve is in a different place

you have to admit it loses in low lift numbers

flow numbers arent everything either of course. but it helps in bigger cube and power adder apps. AND trick flow has a great bowl design

• Sponsors (?)

Who cares? The people here looking for factual info on TW heads.

Here's some info I found to clear things up...

Posted by Buddy Rawls on the corral
port volume is a virtually meaningless quantity. Because it really tells you nothing. What you are trying to get to is a flow per unit of cross-sectional area, and you dont get this by simply measuring the inlet port interface surface dimensions. The port length becomes very critical in defining this cross-sectional area. this is part of the reason the TFS TW heads flows very well when compared to other 170cc heads. Its is simply a shorter port and has a larger average cross-section. IT should flow more!

Here is a good thread too, it has the typical corral BS, but in amongst the flame fest, there is good info for TW and AFR owners alike.

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=362229&perpage=35&pagenumber=1

(This isn't directed at anyone in particular) I REALLY think EVERYONE needs to use the search function more and spend time reading rather than throwing out comments without examples and proof of what they are saying. Like I said before in another of Ernie's post. EVERYTHING has been covered in the TW versus AFR debate. If people would rea first and type later, it would clear up a lot of common misconceptions many of us have. I've been guilty of it myself from time to time, but I do do a lot of reading and researching on topics like this that interest me.

Snoozer- I will admit I am surprised with the low lift numbers of the TW.

trick flows ported to 185 will murder the afr
For the price of that you can buy afr 205 and murder the trick flows. IMO if you are going to buy any head with the intentions of having it ported then just go ahead and order them already ported. I think that is what makes afr heads best bang for buck. You basically get a ported head for $1350. Compare that to every other head that you would have to pay $1000 then an extra $500-1000 (depending on how extreme you want to go) to have them ported.