Sound Difference? - two gt takeoffs vs 1

Saltfli

Jun 6, 2005
I ordered the takeoffs from casco and have just the one on there, I love the sound, way better than stock. I planned on going to midas and have them rig up the other muffler with an x-pipe but was wondering how this would change the sound. From some reason in my mind I picture two mufflers being quieter than one because it is "two times the muffler power" or would it end up louder? Or the same? What should I expect?

• Sponsors (?)

From what people have reported two sound better than the one. Imagine, God I dont know, two trumpets blowing in unison vs. one person blowing really hard through one? There's a reason you dont see one man sections in orchestras.

Two sounds way better, and just as loud, if not louder from having two places where sound exits instead of one. Love my dual takeoffs with x-pipe. Still trying to find time to take them off again to see how it sounds straight pipe...

Well than hopefully I can get the next one on soon!

I started the car when in the middle of exchanging mufflers when there was nothing on there. I gotta say man, with just the Y and the single pipe going back it sounded mean ! I would definitely go with a no muffler setup if this wasn't my daily driver

One GT muffler installed

Since it was a realitively easy install, I put one GT muffler on tonight.

(I still intend to complete this job later with a second exhaust pipe ~ A.S.A.P.)

Quite a bit of difference in sound,,, especially without the V6 resonator!

Frankly, its a bit like a 'ricer on steroids' ... I'll drive it a while and see.

Maybe I'll want to use the V6 resonator on the other side.

Another issue: the GT tail pipe sticks out 2" longer than the stock V6 tailpipe.

FYI & FWIW: I got the two 2005 GT take-offs for $40.00 -/- shipped! How can you beat that?

i will be selling slightly damaged over the axle pipes and 05 flowmaster axleback (meaning they have hammer marks on them from removal). if you V6 guys are interested in purchasing it to try it on your car, pm me all you will need for the complete install is the h or x pipe and a way to connect it to the stock system.....