sound question

war69

Jan 10, 2004
Wisconsin
I built a box for a jlw6v2.I need about 2 more inches to get it closer to th back seat.Can I remove the plastic cover in my 02 gt with the mach 460?Will that give me the room i need?And will the sound be different.Also running jl500/1 and it sounds great.

• Sponsors (?)

by plastic cover....

war69 said:
I built a box for a jlw6v2.I need about 2 more inches to get it closer to th back seat.Can I remove the plastic cover in my 02 gt with the mach 460?Will that give me the room i need?And will the sound be different.Also running jl500/1 and it sounds great.

do you mean the big plastic housing under the rear deck? That *IS* your Mach460 system. It's not a cover. It's a sealed unit that has 2 midbass and 2 tweeters + 2 amps.

If you aren't using the Mach 460, you can take it out (I did :nice: - and replaced the entire stereo setup).

by removin it you'll gain the 2" you need... just do it man......just do it... :p

Thanks for the input.I really dont want to tear out the whole system.Just did that to my 03 cavalier.What a pain the rds system is.I store the stang so maybe i will get up the notion to replace that system.I guess its back to the drawing board and rebuild the box to fit.