sound system

• Sponsors (?)

I have heard as a very rough guide, every 100 pounds of extra weight costs you .10 seconds (one tenth of a second) in the quarter mile. It may even be true! I am considering kicking out the heavy bazooka bass tube with separate amp from my car.. it sounded a heck of a lot better in my old 5.0 hatchback than it does in my '98 coupe. Anyway, that's why serious racers strip their cars down to the metal inside, with only one seat; to save every pound they can.

Yes they do I have even know some that wont eat or drink much the day they race and even the night before they race. I was having the same issue making a call with my car I like a good sound but I really want better times at the track. I was thinking of making a box with the amp inside and a quike release thing to make the box come out in about five to ten minutes still working on the design to do that and figuring out if it would really work. Subs alone can weigh 100 pounds amps and boxes and other things to wire it could put you close to 175 thats added time.

To save weight trade out the12's and put in great 10's. Theirs really not that much difference. I got eclipse 10in aluminums and they work great plus their rated just as high as the 12's 500 rms. Stick to a non ported box because their huge. Shouldn't weigh you down that badly. You can easily keep it under 60 lbs