Source for 2.3L oil pan

SpeedLobo

Dec 20, 2019
USA
Latest find on my 92 2.3 is a cracked- a section with a number of bolt holes has separated from the rest of the plan. It had been held in place with silicone and the pressure of the other bolts.
Finding a replacement pan has been challenging to say the least- does anyone know of aftermarket sources? :eek:

• Sponsors (?)

Why not just get a used one? OEM is always your best bet. That being said, both Doorman and Spectra make all types of oil pans that shouldn't give you any problems. It should be eassy to find a pan in just about any pull-a-part junkyard, or use car-part.com to search salvage yards.

I've done searches on pretty much all the sites I can think of- the part is discontinued from Ford and it doesn't look like anyone is making them aftermarket.
Time to hit the salvage yards ...

92 is a later pan (aluminum). The turbo motors were all steel pans. To my knowledge there were only 2 steel pans, one had a low oil level sensor, other did not. I also do not think that the aluminum pan will fit the older engines and the older pans won't fit the later engines. The rear seal area and front seal area are different. '92 will be a later style, so a 91+ 2.3 and 2.5 Ranger pan should work if you're junkyarding, OR check out Kevco. I think they have several options, just make sure it's for the later style (small journal) 2.3 engines with rear sump.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user