Spare tire for big brakes

white07gt-cs

Dec 20, 2006
I'm looking to upgrade my brakes to either a GT500 or Baer "big brake" kit. My question is, will the stock/supplied GT spare tire fit and clear the brakes? Is the spare for the GT500 different than the GT?

Does anyone have experience with this and have actually test fitted the spare to verify clearance? I'd hate to have to tow the car just because of a stupid flat tire and I do not want to use run-flat tires.

Thanks for any input you can provide.

• Sponsors (?)

I have Baer 13" brakes on all corners of my '95. Cobra spares are hard to find and expensive. I ended up getting a small tire inflation kit from Lowes. It has slime and an electric pump in it. My hopes is that it will at least get me to a place to fix the tire.

I have Baer 13" brakes on all corners of my '95. Cobra spares are hard to find and expensive. I ended up getting a small tire inflation kit from Lowes. It has slime and an electric pump in it. My hopes is that it will at least get me to a place to fix the tire.

It would be wise to check and make sure that using slime with the TPS in the tire is okay.

I had this question before and I was wondering what clearance is like if you buy a 1in wheel spacer and run your spare tire with it? Just long enough to get you to a tire shop that is.

if you get a front flat, just use your spare as a rear tire and move one of the rears to the front

+1 if you got same size wheel/tire all the way around. If you have some kind of staggered setup you can do this but it's only to drive right into a tire repair shop because your balance will probably be completely out of whack.