Spare tire kit for 2018 GT with 20 inch wheels

T.K.

Jul 4, 2018
Arkansas
Hey guys , I've got an '18 GT Premium with 20 in. wheels and of course it didn't come with a spare tire / kit . All the sites I've been on have spares for 18's or smaller
and warn not to use them with 20's , do any one of you have some places you could recommend ? I'm takin a trip out of state soon , and I aint leaving without a correct sized spare .

Thanks
TK

• Sponsors (?)

Do you have the performance pack on your GT? If not, don't worry about the spare tire size, it will fit. That kit is designed to fit all 15+ mustang except the GT with PP, they have the huge 15" brakes on the front and the spare will not clear. The standard front brakes on the GT are 14" and will clear the spare wheel. If you do have the big brakes then you can use this kit, but it is pricey compared to the ford kit.

https://www.automotiveauthorityllc....ang-gt-with-brembo-brakes?variant=35757212297

I have the factory 19 polished wheels and the optional factory spare tire. I bet that the factory spare will fit your car in a pinch so you can get out of harm's way plus it fits the trunk correctly. You can order these spare tire kits at any dealer or online. Comes with the wheel, jack, and wrench for under $400. The thought of having to flat bed my new car due to a blow out makes me sick so I got the spare with the new car. No goo can and pump for me. You know that those cans will not work two years out just when you need them, at night, in the cold, and miles from home.

I have the factory 19 polished wheels and the optional factory spare tire. I bet that the factory spare will fit your car in a pinch so you can get out of harm's way plus it fits the trunk correctly. You can order these spare tire kits at any dealer or online. Comes with the wheel, jack, and wrench for under $400. The thought of having to flat bed my new car due to a blow out makes me sick so I got the spare with the new car. No goo can and pump for me. You know that those cans will not work two years out just when you need them, at night, in the cold, and miles from home.

The wheel diameter is not the issue. It's the opening in the inside of the wheel where it faces the brake. There's no, "in a pinch"; It either fits on there or it doesn't. Would be interesting to know if that 19" you're referring to will clear the brakes on the Performance Pack.

The performance pack front brakes need a special spare which Ford does not offer. Plus these PP cars have a Torsen rear diff which does not like odd or different diameter wheels. spares. You could damage the Torsen in a short drive I have heard. Non PP cars should be OK with the Ford sourced spare set up.