spark plug blew out of my head! wtf??

so tonight me and my wife are driving from the grocery store and the sencond spark plug from the firewall on the passenger's side came out of the head! has anybody had/ heard of this ever happening?? the spark plug's threads were fine but the spark plug looked like it had been hit by the piston or valve. I am so lost on this. i put a new spark plug back in the hole and new COP. am i just going to have to tear down this motor and rethread the head? what could have caused this??? please help i love my mustang almost as much as my wife. thanks in advance.:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

That sucks. Do a search on here though. Its very common. Ford didnt put enough threads on the heads themselves.

I so hope the Trick Flow heads will have more threads.

Fear not. It happened to me almost 2 years ago.
Like san~man suggests, the Timecert kit will save you.

I took my car to an old school mechanic who has a machine shop. He already had inserts for this job and did my repair for a very reasonable price.

Make sure whomever fixes this takes the time to get all debris out of that cylinder prior to installing the new plug.

Oh, and buy yourself a good torque wrench for the plug install. I got a real nice inch pound torque wrench off Ebay, new, for only $25.

This happened to me in my 2001 Mustang 4.6L 2V. Mine took the threads though. Sometimes they won't if you park them right away, but I had no choice, I had to drive it about 10 miles to my shop. Plus, at the time, I didn't know what the hell that noise was. I retapped the head, installed the heli-coil around the plug, put red loc-tite on the outside of the heli-coil, installed it in the head and torqued it to 13 ftlbs.

You're lucky it didn't take threads. Just recheck it soon, and check all the others. Torque them to 13-14 ft lbs and you'll be fine.

so tonight me and my wife are driving from the grocery store and the sencond spark plug from the firewall on the passenger's side came out of the head! has anybody had/ heard of this ever happening?? the spark plug's threads were fine but the spark plug looked like it had been hit by the piston or valve. I am so lost on this. i put a new spark plug back in the hole and new COP. am i just going to have to tear down this motor and rethread the head? what could have caused this??? please help i love my mustang almost as much as my wife. thanks in advance.:SNSign:
stock plugs?

The timeserts work, as a matter of fact, they're the only way you should fix the stripped head (NOT helicoil).

ya they also have perma plugs out too which are the same thing, just dont use heli coils though they create hot spots. i had #6 blow out on me about 2 months ago on my way in to school at 6:30 in the morning.