Sparkplug almost blown out!!!!

MarcoCapone

Aug 6, 2003
Last week I had this strange incident on my GT... I was riding as usual when all of sudden the car start making a weird knocking sound, so I stoped it right away and called a first towing.... Took the car at Ford dealer...they told me it was a craked intake and they couldn't fix it under my warranty (I have a 1 year warranty with a privite company...) so I called a second towing and take the car to my insurance company's garage....Now the funny part begin...first the mechanic told me it's an unscrewed spark plug....(I clearly say him unscew it with a ratched) that the head's thread were ok and that I need a new spark plug and a new cop boot (<--- the boot was in 4~5 piece). So I left the car there overnight (becausethey didn't had the time to fix it)...Next morning I called the to learn that they need to remove the head and send it to a machinist and it's going to cost me aroud 2K$ because the sparkplug wasnt tight enough.....So I went there and put the stang on a third towing and bring it back home.... Nex day I installed a new spark plug (with a new cop boot) and the car start like a new one!!!! So I've changed the other plug while I was there..... I couldn't feel any difference while scewing the other plugs!?!?!?!?

BTW the faulty plug's electrode was smashed (like if someone droped it...)

It's been a week and the car is running like a champ....Do you think I should worrries!?!?!? Or I just met a bunch of suckers trying to "screw" me!?!?!? Because since this damned day Im kinda scared to get on the gas and i drive it granny style!!! The new spark went in without trouble.....I dont know what I'm scared of.....

anyway thank for reading....

• Sponsors (?)

MarcoCapone said:
Last week I had this strange incident on my GT... I was riding as usual when all of sudden the car start making a weird knocking sound, so I stoped it right away and called a first towing.... Took the car at Ford dealer...they told me it was a craked intake and they couldn't fix it under my warranty (I have a 1 year warranty with a privite company...) so I called a second towing and take the car to my insurance company's garage....Now the funny part begin...first the mechanic told me it's an unscrewed spark plug....(I clearly say him unscew it with a ratched) that the head's thread were ok and that I need a new spark plug and a new cop boot (<--- the boot was in 4~5 piece). So I left the car there overnight (becausethey didn't had the time to fix it)...Next morning I called the to learn that they need to remove the head and send it to a machinist and it's going to cost me aroud 2K$ because the sparkplug wasnt tight enough.....So I went there and put the stang on a third towing and bring it back home.... Nex day I installed a new spark plug (with a new cop boot) and the car start like a new one!!!! So I've changed the other plug while I was there..... I couldn't feel any difference while scewing the other plugs!?!?!?!?

BTW the faulty plug's electrode was smashed (like if someone droped it...)

It's been a week and the car is running like a champ....Do you think I should worrries!?!?!? Or I just met a bunch of suckers trying to "screw" me!?!?!? Because since this damned day Im kinda scared to get on the gas and i drive it granny style!!! The new spark went in without trouble.....I dont know what I'm scared of.....

anyway thank for reading....

Well if all spark plugs are in there nice and snug I don't think you have anything to worry about. Just check all the plugs in a week or so to make sure they havn't backed out again.