Sparkplug socket size?

I tried the 5/8" and it did not fit. So i went to Autozone and they had no idea and they had no 2007 Mustang spark plugs to check the size. So I bought an 18mm and it did not even fit in the head hole. So what size? So i don't waste my time. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

9/16 will work

Yeah - I used a 9/16...I think it is actually 14MM as stated above....I argued with the guy at Autozone for about an hour - He stated that all spark plugs were 5/8 and that I did not know what I was talking about......don't think that I didn't take them there and lay on the counter and give him a "here ya go"! Advance actually has the spark plug socket for the 05 up mustangs now.

I was wanting to change my plugs soon. I have about 27,300 on my 06 GT and was wondering about the PROBLEMS? Plus is there a specific plug that everyone is using?

do a search for the spark plug problem, you could use the old plugs you pull out if they are not causing a problem, you just want to anti seize them so they don't cause you a problem down the line. you say you have 27,300 miles, time to do it before you have a problem. read up on it first so you know what you are looking for and what to do to help pull those bad boys out.