Electrical Speaker Amp Goes In And Out

• Sponsors (?)

I would say that it's time to replace the amp and/or 1 or more of your original speakers.

The only other thing that comes to mind is to check the heat sink on the amp to make sure it's not covered in dust bunnies.

If its all the speakers than its probably the deck. If memory serves the Mach460 has two amps. One for the bass and one for the highs. Its been so long though I am not 100% sure. One may be for the front and the other the rear.

If its all the speakers than its probably the deck. If memory serves the Mach460 has two amps. One for the bass and one for the highs. Its been so long though I am not 100% sure. One may be for the front and the other the rear.
A little info on the car, I bought it a month ago...Panasonic head unit, OEM Mach 460 speakers (front and rear) You are correct, both have amps under the rear speakers, front speakers have no sound, back speakers both have sound but no Bass, there's a bunch of wires laying in the trunk, I am assuming there was a subwoofer at one time. There is also a volume bass knob next to the driver's side seat that looks like it controlled the subwoofer, I'm really not into the subwoofer thing, just like to have a decent system, Only the 2 back speakers are working at the moment with no Bass

Last edited: