Electrical Speakers And Crossovers And Tweeters, Oh My!

beergut

Mar 22, 2016
Hi .i have 2015 v6. Im trying to replace all the speakers the doors/a pillers have separate tweeters?where are the speaker crossovers for the stock system .if not can i run new wire to the tweeter/ a piller and just run to the new crossover using the door wire as the main input thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Hi .i have 2015 v6. Im trying to replace all the speakers the doors/a pillers have separate tweeters?where are the speaker crossovers for the stock system .if not can i run new wire to the tweeter/ a piller and just run to the new crossover using the door wire as the main input thanks

Post moved to new thread. Be sure to scroll to the top of the page and click, "Watch Thread" so that you get the proper alerts.

Oh... I think one of the answers to your questions is that there are no crossovers. The capacitors soldered onto the back of each speaker are your crossovers ("cutouts" would be a better term).

Thanks for your suggestion.

No problem. This was the method that I used for my Suburban. I figured I knew better than they did when I ordered speakers and chose to ignore the small tweeters that they insisted were in the door. I knew for certain that they were not.

So when I took it all apart, guess what I discovered? The freaking tweeters that I just knew were not there. lol

So it's a pretty good resource. :)

Itss amazing the difference in sound the stock speaker actually could have been ok but when i pulled the back deck and noticed 2 problems ,1 the fabric is filled with contact glue...not good for sound ,2nd the design of the speaker itself the deck sits on the perimeter cone mainly at the back. Realy realy bad design

True enough. I bought 6 3/4 in. 3-ways for the front row and 2-way for the second row. I definitely did not need the additional tweeters on top of the new 3-ways in the front doors.

So no loss... I left those OEM tweeters right where they were and just disconnected them.

Anybody know what wires feed the front door subs on my 15 GT convertible? Planning to add a Sub in the spare tire well and need to get the signal going to the door subs to the amp. Don't really want to go tearing my door panels apart to find the wires. Hoping to locate them under the dash somewhere and tap in there. Thanks!