speaking the truth!

kid rock

Jan 24, 2006
THE 51ST STATE!!
this is what a guy on another forum said about the mustang in the new fast and furious and its "rice" engine

The rice crowd can defend their engines and cars all they want but here is the truth. Japanese cars WILL NEVER achieve the type of acceptance as a good old classic American car. 30 years from now you won’t see a 2005 Nissan at a classic car show. Know why this is? Because Japanese cars lack soul. Japanese are very effective at building advanced components that can keep up with the best of them. I don’t think anyone could argue otherwise. However no matter how hard they try, nothing they produce has any sort of human feeling expressed in it.

Think I’m crazy? Compare some machinery and it’s quite evident. A Japanese Zero is functional and efficient, but look at it, a fuselage, engine, and cockpit. If a 5 year old drew a plane, that’s what it’d look like. No fuse, just function. Compare it to a P41 Mustang or a Spitfire. Not only are they effective planes, but just by looking at them you see the designer put some style into the design. A little bit of himself you might say. Compare a new Honda street bike to a Harley Davidson. Sure the Honda can beat it in any situation but which would you prefer in your garage? The heritage, the look, the sound of a Harley wins every time. Compare a “classic” ‘72 Toyota Celica to a classic ‘72 Corvette. Do I even have to go there?

Try as they might, the Japanese can’t do it. They can’t buy it, they can’t feel it, and they can’t comprehend it. As the saying goes, often imitated, never duplicated. And if you the reader can’t understand what I’m saying then you don’t get it either. You’ve bought into the notion that dependability equals styling and soul. You’ve been brainwashed to believe that jellybean shaped body panels, automatic transmissions, beige exteriors, gray interiors, and a slightly worked V6 is automotive nirvana. It’s not your fault. Heck Detroit has lost it’s way and shoveled us the same crap as well since they see how well the Japanese have been doing with this concept. I can only hope that we as a nation wake up and want more than just an appliance to move us from point A to B. Seeing designs like the new Mustang gives me hope that Detroit is waking up from it’s coma.

If your into the Japanese movement then good for you. Everyone shouldn’t be into the same thing. I bet you import guys like vanilla ice cream too. I prefer chocolate with a big cherry and whip cream on top.

hes my new best friend lol

Si:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

I dissagree with that guy. There are japanese cars that have soul and can be found at classic car meets already. You and I may not like them, but you can bet the guys restoring them love them every bit as much as the guy restoring a classic mustang, and I've seen them draw as much if not more attention at the shows.

PMX0506LENO06_large.jpg

s600poster2.jpg

70.datsun.240z.500.jpg

tb_0102AUCCWFAB-LEAD.jpg

3J112429.jpg

oldcivic.jpg

Daihatsu%20Bee.jpg

Some of those comparisons are retarded, a '72 celica and a '72 vette? Who woulnd't want the vette, you would have to be a die hard import lover to take the celica(no offense). And i would much rather have a Honda CBR over any harley, V-rod would be my only choice. But the guy had some good points.