SPEC Clutch Stage 3

DanmMh

Jul 20, 2011
I'm Buying this clutch because mine started slipping ='( but before i buy it i have a few questions ? Do i need to get a new Fly wheel ? Does any body have it already and can give me his opinion ?

Thanks =D

• Sponsors (?)

What are our current mods? What trans? You will need to have your flywheel turned as long as it is still within specs or replace with an aftermarket model

Unless your making a lot of power Id suggest a Stage 2, easier on the trans, smoother engagment, and will last a little longer, good street clutch. Been a SPEC dealer and user for 9 years, nice products...

I agree with Rick. Buy all your parts with the real purpose of the vehicle in mind. An overly strong clutch for your application will only make your left calf bigger. If you don't need the extra clamping force, you will not be as happy in the long run. Stage 2 is a great street clutch. Chances are you just need to get your flywheel resurfaced.

my stang its stuck right know but im going to fix it intake, throttle body exhaust cams gears, so i think ill go with the stage 3 or what u guys think ?

Complete overkill for your setup. I hate spec clutches, personally, but that is just my preference. A stage 1 should be fine for your power. You might just use a new stock clutch/flywheel or a king cobra.

I've been on the RAM bandwagon myself since I rode in a friend's 04 Cobra with a Powergrip HD (with 26 spline input shaft..etc), and was amazed at the tight pedal (although much heavier than stock) and extreme holding power 500rwhp+. So I scored a Powergrip (which is similar to a Stage 3) when I had a few bolt ons.

But I did this because I had a plan for a blower and couldn't pass it up the price. If you plan on staying NA for awhile stay with a stage 1, or my reccommendation which is a RAM HDX, which is just like a Stage one that offers very stockish light pedal and more holding power. I've seen them as cheap as $175 for T45 cars and $200ish for T3650 cars.