SPEC Stage 1 Clutch Resultz

Mr GT 02

Apr 8, 2004
Peabody, MA
If you have a 99 newer GT please advise.

I am starting this thread to see if anyone had/has the same problems I am experiencing with the SPEC stage 1 clutch in my 02 GT.

I am experiencing a constant Tweaking sound coming from the throw-out bearing. I hear it when car is at idle and when I am cruising. The sound DOES go away when i depress on the clutch pedal though. It is VERY annoying!!
I also notice that the SPEC clutch is Loud also..kinda like a clunking noise when at idle/just sitting there. Not to noticable though.

I am wondering if it was installed incorrectly by the mechanic.

Any one relate with me on this annoying issue?
so far SPEC suk$!
They say the clutch needs to be broken in, and that You should not Drag race/ or beat on it before that 450 mile break-in period. I have followd that and I am now at 400 miles and the clutch sounds like crap.

ARRRRRRRR :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

Hey man, I emailed you the other day about this. I have a Stage II in mine. After the install I heard no chatter or noise coming from the clutch, but the tob is another story. Its a bit louder than the stock one was. When its idling its a pretty noticable sound, once the clutch is put in or I start driving, the noise goes away. Aparently this is a very common problem with our cars. My shop has tried 3-4 different tob in one of their project cars, and they all have made the same amount of racket :nonono: . They even called Spec about theirs and finally got somewhat of an answer... the tob needs around 2-4000 miles on it for it to get worn in and stop making all that racket. All I can say is :notnice:
All in all though I can live with a noisey tob. The clutch imo is one of the best mods I have done to my car :nice: I love the bite and how it feels. Thats the thing with Specs though, you either love them or hate them... I love mine, but find the tob problem annoying.

:cheers: