Special 70 Mach-1 ?

well, according to specs on stangs that year from mustang monthly, i guess they could be wrong though. according to them, no mustang was offered with 4.11 in that year. they say the possibilities were...2.75, 2.79, 2.83, 3.00, 3.08, 3.25, 3.50, 3.91, and 4.30

• Sponsors (?)

You guys know your stuff !!!
Here are more pics of the car, maybe you see some details thats wrong ?

attachment.php

attachment.php

www.moldestuket.com

Attachments

• 701.jpg
    701.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 373
  • 702.jpg
    702.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 369
yea, that rear panel (the black panel around the gas cap) should be molded honeycomb, and the cap is a screw on, but the machs had pop offs, further, the thick black stripe with the chrome mach I lettering in the center is missing from the backside (vertical part) of the trunk lid. also... the hood latches (twist type) which were standard on machs in 1970 are missing. also not the deluxe 3 spoke rim blow steering wheel that came with 1970 mach

charlies said:
yea, that rear panel (the black panel around the gas cap) should be molded honeycomb, and the cap is a screw on, but the machs had pop offs, further, the thick black stripe with the chrome mach I lettering in the center is missing from the backside (vertical part) of the trunk lid. also... the hood latches (twist type) which were standard on machs in 1970 are missing. also not the deluxe 3 spoke rim blow steering wheel that came with 1970 mach

The steering wheel had been stolen ! This is the same as one of my 73 had. The twist type hood latches has been there, but they have been dissable.. Some guys has welded the hole in the hood. That job i saw with my own eyes

Um... correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the Boss 302 Stripe kit with the stripes on the sides removed rather than the Mach 1 paint job? And a 302 with Ram Air?

I think you might want to do a bit more research on that car.... I'm not sure if the VIN may have already disproved this, but I'd almost think it's a Boss 302 rather than a Mach.

:nice:

TazerRE said:
Um... correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the Boss 302 Stripe kit with the stripes on the sides removed rather than the Mach 1 paint job? And a 302 with Ram Air?

I think you might want to do a bit more research on that car.... I'm not sure if the VIN may have already disproved this, but I'd almost think it's a Boss 302 rather than a Mach.

It looks like the side stripes are reflecting the camera flash.

TazerRE said:

It has crossed my mine. I dident write the Vin, a guy witch collects all info on Mustangs in Norway did a few years ago. It has never been registered in norway. and im begining to think that maybe that vin is for another car.

The info witch says it could be a Boss: 302, standard grille, shaker. Info from Illustrated Mustang buyers guide: "Occasionally, you may see a Boss 302 without the front spoiler, and this is because it never was installed. These cars were shipped to the dealers without the spoiler installed. It was up to the dealers to install it, and apparently, didn`t always do so. It says that it also dident got the honeycomb on the rear deck." And it dosent got the frontspoiler or the honeycomb

Some other details to check if it is a Boss ? Where would i look for rust ?
You guys are the best :nice: :nice: :flag:
www.moldestuket.com

:shrug: you will have to recheck the vin # and see.
:( what the pic's look like is a mach clone, itmay be a Sportsroof.
Sorry Oz thats what it's called, they did not come with the folddown rear seat.

There are too many things that are not on the car that should be for a Mach1.
a closer inspection is required to ID this car.

The Mach 1 was nothing more than stickers in '69 and '70 as well. Any engine that came in a Mach 1 was available in all body styles.

Not true, 69 was a side stripe iding it as a Mach1, 70 had lower body moldings that say Mach1.
the interiors on the Mach's are upgraded with center console and fold down rear seats, nicer door panels and clock.
a/c was an option.

PB

68darkhorse - See, that's what's bugging me. He had posted the VIN earlier, and it checked out like a Mach, but the car itself I think looks like a Boss...
Got the 302, the Ram Air, the Stripe Kit.....

Something's not adding up quite right here...

Argh, I'm confused, and this is bothering me now... Somebody please find an answer to this so I can sleep again...

:bang: :p

TazerRE said:
68darkhorse - See, that's what's bugging me. He had posted the VIN earlier, and it checked out like a Mach, but the car itself I think looks like a Boss...

Argh, I'm confused, and this is bothering me now... Somebody please find an answer to this so I can sleep again...

:rlaugh: :rlaugh: Thats why I am leaning toward it being a Sportsroof,
the Boss,s were like them with the Boss option added IE eng/trans/rear.
they also came with and without the ram air.
but a basic int.
PB

TazerRE said:

Here`s a picture of the back. I dident get all the way in the car and i dident see the trunk. But is this fold down back seat ???

Actually the car can be stolen.. it was like a trend in europe in the eightees.. I have heard many storys on it. Like a 70 Shelby Cab that was stolen in 83, was found in a wood chooped in norway a few years back. But to find out that exact without the door tag would most likely be hard... maybe the doors got changed also... I think it would be a mystery... Im going to check the car more within the week
www.moldestuket.com
attachment.php

Attachments

• intmach.jpg
    intmach.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 221
pabear89 said:
The Mach 1 was nothing more than stickers in '69 and '70 as well. Any engine that came in a Mach 1 was available in all body styles.

Not true, 69 was a side stripe iding it as a Mach1, 70 had lower body moldings that say Mach1.
the interiors on the Mach's are upgraded with center console and fold down rear seats, nicer door panels and clock.
a/c was an option.

PB

I only said stickers as I was addressing another post that mentioned stickers. He was suggesting that Mach 1 was a performance package for '69-'70 and not '71-'73.

The Mach 1 is still an appearance package. The interior you described is the same as the Grande coupe.

Okay pabear, maybe you're right...

I wasn't aware that you could get standard sportsroofs with Ram Air on them for any engine...

I suppose it could be an attempted Boss 302 clone (or hey, maybe still a real one), but I'm thinking with some confidence that it's not a Mach.