Split-port Swap?

Elgrano

Jun 19, 2003
I post a thread about changing my 97' V6 engine for a V6 00"+ and I got something about Split-port Swap... :shrug: Can you guys explain me a little bit about it...?
If I find a nice/low milage engine 00'+ Do I also have to get a newer transmission?

Thanks!!!

• Sponsors (?)

A split-port swap is where you take the heads and upper/lower intake off and bolt it up to your old block. In '99, ford went to different heads and intake to increase power output.

I never heard it called split port swap, but I think that is what they are talking about. If I am wrong please reply so I don't give the wrong info. Thank you
Ron

If you are going to go through the cost of doing that, and you want to stay a V-6 I highly recommend saving a little extra and getting the heads/intakes ported and polished...you will probably need a new clutch, and injectors and I would recommend a 155lph fuel pump, if not the 190 unit. Since you got everything tore down I think it would be good to get a custom ground cam from Crane or Comp cams, and new valve springs and roller rockers! I mean if you are going to put that much cash into this project you should do things right the FIRST time so 6 months down the line you don't kick yourself for going cheap. You will also need new fuel lines. I am pretty sure the 99+ cars have a returnless fuel system. Remember with everymod that gives you the kind of gains you are looking at you need a strong supporting cast of parts! Get a strong clutch because I am sure with the parts listed above you will be close to 250 Flywheel HP!!!