spo2 repin or not?

bacarruda

Nov 3, 2019
CA
So the spo2 harness was torn and ruined by the previous owner of my 89... I'm buying a new one that may or may not have to be re pinned and need guidance.
link to new harness: https://lmr.com/item/LRS-8793XSHM/Mustang-O2-Sensor-Harness-Manual-Transmission-87-93

the car has a t-5 manual transmission, 5.0
the ecu in the car is a X3Z as the car has a cobra intake and 24# injectors (not sure what MAF, but it runs just fine), to my understanding this is a 1993 cobra ecu

The harness says to repin for 1989 mustangs, but the ecu is a x3z so would I still repin the harness?

• Sponsors (?)

edit: the instruction manual has two different directions for repinning, attached below
One for 89-90 and another for 91-93.
The car is an 89 but has a x3z ecu so would I pin for 91-93 or 89-90?
also sorry i mean o2 sensors not spo2, working in medical field confuses me

Attachments

• LRS-8793XSHM.pdf
    169.9 KB · Views: 43
Pin for the engine harness, which seems to be 1989.

Even though the ECU is a later ecu, the ECU pinout remained the same for all 89-93 mustangs. The difference in wiring requiring the o2 harness to be pinned differently was “in the field” so to speak.

As a way to double check, when complete, key on with the ECU removed and check for voltage on pin 47 to ground, and then check when also turning the key to crank.

Reactions: 1 user
Here’s a thread on repinning and then showing where the pinout should be in the later posts

Pin for the engine harness, which seems to be 1989.

Even though the ECU is a later ecu, the ECU pinout remained the same for all 89-93 mustangs. The difference in wiring requiring the o2 harness to be pinned differently was “in the field” so to speak.

As a way to double check, when complete, key on with the ECU removed and check for voltage on pin 47 to ground, and then check when also turning the key to crank.
Great, thank you!
So you’re saying that pin 47 should light up when complete? Sorry I’m not the best with electrical stuff and cars are fairly new to me still.

As of right now pin 47 is dead with the original harness that is in it and no o2 sensors connected.
The ruined harness in it is ripped where the passenger o2 sensor clips should be

Sorry. With a manual ECU if you pin the o2 sensor harness correctly you should read ZERO voltage on pin 47 under any condition. ECU removed.

You might get some phantom voltage like 0.4v. This doesn’t count.