Sportlines w/ stock struts/shocks

95tealGT

Jan 5, 2003
Altoona, PA
Alright, I'm putting my Cobra R rims on soon, and my car will look like its on stilts even more than it does now, so I think I'm gonna get some Eibach sportlines. How long will my stock struts/shocks last with these springs? How crappy will the ride be? Would it be worth just waiting and saving to get some shocks and struts and doing the install all at once.

I dont know too much about suspension, so what would be some cheap shocks and struts that I could use that would give me a less rough ride than with the stock stuff and sportline springs?

Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

I've seen/rode the sportline/stock shock combo on a few cars, and if you get lucky and don't blow the stock ones after a little while...the ride is hella bouncy. May as well just get some good adjustable shocks too. I've used both the adjustable tokico's and the AGX's along with the pro kits and they both ride really nice...I think I like the AGX's better though from my experience. IMO if you're gonna dump it that far just do it right...Good Luck :flag:

If you are on a budget and want a good set of shocks and struts, get the mach 1 tokicos. They are 179 + 35 s/h from Speed concepts. I just installed them on my car this weekend and they seem to be pretty decent(for right now anyways).

95GTMAN said:
If you are on a budget and want a good set of shocks and struts, get the mach 1 tokicos. They are 179 + 35 s/h from Speed concepts. I just installed them on my car this weekend and they seem to be pretty decent(for right now anyways).

Are you talkin about this mach 1 tokico www.speedconcepts.net/ford_racing_suspension.htm They say in 179+35 come 2 Struts and 2 shocks , i'm not sutr about this one

Seth5.0 said:
Are you talkin about this mach 1 tokico www.speedconcepts.net/ford_racing_suspension.htm They say in 179+35 come 2 Struts and 2 shocks , i'm not sutr about this one

Whats not to be sure about. All they are are revalved premiums, so compare that price to the blue premiums on the tokico page after you buy 2 shocks and 2 struts + the 35 s/h. Plus Comparing my ride to one of my friends with the reg. premiums with the same springs there is not that much difference to me anyways. I feel they are good for someone on a budget.

i'm currently running stock shocks with my Eibach Sportlines and can say without a doubt the ride is majorly bouncy... especially if you go on a road trip to orlando with 4 people in the car... holy crap :eek:

i've had them on for several months now and haven't really had a problem other than the bounciness, so if you can deal with that, i say go for the sportlines right away... you'll love the look! :nice:

95tealGT said:
They seem pretty legit, will they provide a much better ride on the sportlines than with the stock schocks/struts?

Also, is there anything else I may need to replace with the sportlines?

I would also replace all the spring isolators while the springs are out.

I put on all at once. Love the setup.

-MM isolators.
-Global West LCA's.
-Griggs UCA's.
-Bilstein struts/shocks.
-MM CC plates.
-Sportline Springs.

Use the isolators on the front and rear springs. Only on the rear springs, I would leave the "bottom" isolators off. Gives the car a better stance. Leave the upper ones on though.

Future suspension mods.
-MM full-length subs.
-MM Pan-Hard bar.
-MM rear sway bar
-Complete front suspension overhaul once engine is out. ;)