Spot check my tune?

stampy167

Aug 23, 2021
Chicago
Hi All, I am hoping someone might be willing to glance over my current tune for my 95 Mustang with Trick Flow top end kit and some other mods. Happy to expand on that if needed. I assume that is the most important for the tune but :shrug:.I
The timing is set up properly but I am not super confident in my timing table. Everything past 1300rpm on the fuel table has been done through VE analyze and AFR table.
The idle is still a little hunty and goes from like 850-1200 at times.

I have attached my current tune and a data log from startup ( I believe I started datalog prior to starting) and driving around at varying RPM's for 15 minutes or so.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you

Attachments

• CurrentTune.msq
    117.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 2021-08-22_08.39.30.mlg
    2.3 MB · Views: 34
  • Sponsors (?)

Perhaps someone can point me to a tuner who works with Megasquirt in Illinois or Michigan? I tried paying a remote tuner on MSextra forums and got nothing other than an inability to pull the car out of the driveway and pegging my AFR as lean as it will read for $300. I am back to the tune posted in my first message since it drives with it.

Lets start with this, please datalog it for me. I made lots of changes so some roughness is to be expected.
Can you give me a parts list and a brand for the wideband so I know what you are working with.

Attachments

• Stampy167.rev.1.0.2.msq
    117.2 KB · Views: 19
Science and math and stuff.... :scratch:
Might be why your tunes are turning out better than the my method :chin

tuningtest.gif

Thank you,
Wideband: Innovate 3918 MTX-L
Trickflow twisted wedge heads, track heat intake, Track Max cam
1630342369559.png

70mm throttle body
AC Delete
Smog Delete
EGR Delete
Anderson 4" Powerpipe.
Under drive crank and waterpump pulley
BBK shorty headers, catless x pipe, flowmaster mufflers
4.10 gear
MSD 6A ignition box (w wire harness so easily bypassed)
Bosch 42lb injectors
255lb fuel pump (have a supercharger waiting to go on)
adjustable fpr

I think that is it for relevant parts.

Well, I am both pleased and upset. Pleased with the tune and upset I paid the dude from MSextra. Idle seemed steady. I sat there for a bit and let it get up to around 140 on coolant temp before taking it for a ride.

Attachments

• 2021-08-30_12.22.07.mlg
    2.5 MB · Views: 28
Ok, Lots still needs to be done. AE settings need gone thru and the injector settings are totally wrong for [I assume green top 42lb].. this needs to be addressed but will again need major tune changes. The idle could be much better but thats just a few keystrokes.

I can make these changes for you but it may be a rough transition.

I took the liberty and made the needed changes to correct the deficiencies.... let me know how it does it may not even be driveable.

Attachments

• Stampy167.rev.1.0.3.msq
    117.2 KB · Views: 20
You were correct on not being drivable. Lotta smoke. Unfortunately it wouldn't run long enough for the wideband to register (at least not on the gauge). Hopefully this log is large enough to get some useful info from?

Attachments

• 2021-08-31_07.40.32.mlg
    147.7 KB · Views: 31
The only change made here is to the req fuel value, I do not want to remove 30% from the fuel table as that will make the numbers at idle much smaller than I like them to be.. Please try this and we will make a change from here.

You will likely need to check or change the plugs after we get done with the next few steps

Attachments

• Stampy167.rev.1.0.4.REQFEUL7.msq
    117.2 KB · Views: 25