Sprayin saddle to BLCK!!

Synned

took tubgirl on a date and got banned
Mar 31, 2005
Philly
Whats up guys?
So how many of you have converted your interior to black using dye? Does anyone have pictures? How well does it match the faded top part of the tan/black combo?

I found the stuff at 50resto, should I get both the laquor and vinyl?

PICS PICS PICS

• Sponsors (?)

I dont have my camera on me but i will take pics of mine, it came out looking stock black and the dye holds up great, I bought it off ebay for 10.00 bucks a can and is a pretty good brand, it's been dyed for over a year and still looks factory, i even sprayed the steering wheel and put a cover on it so the saddle won't wear down until i can afford a fr500 wheel, the only thing i recoment is buying Real black parts for the high wear areas ( Center console, door handles, door sills, and kick panels.) because when they wear or scratch you will see the old color underneath...Probably the BEST mod I have done to the car.

i converted my black/tan interior to completly black using Duplicor Interior Vinyl & Carpet spray i bought at Advance for like $5 a can. i think i used like 6 cans total, but it matches PERFECTLY and i'm really happy w/ the results. make sure you prep well--take all the pieces out (makes cleaning and painting them MUCH easier--plus you can take them apart and get the paint in all the nooks and crannies) and clean them VERY well. i used 3M dirt, grease, and wax remover (located where the paint was in the same aisle).

a few things you'll have to do to complete the look:
oem black carpet
oem black steering wheel (got a mint leather one from a 98 cobra)
oem black door sills
seats--either get a rsd for the back like i did, get your stock seats recovered, or find a deal on some oem black seats/black racing seats.

reason being is that these parts are the ones you come into conact w/ the most and will eventually flake/crack if you just repaint them. i tell you from experience.

don't have any pics of it before, but it was the black/saddle interior--hate saddle.

after:
DSCN0602.jpg

DSCN0600.jpg

DSCN0598.jpg

DSCN0604.jpg

DSCN0605.jpg

DSCN0606.jpg

DO NOT USE THE LAQUER.

I did mine and the vinyl matches PERFECT. But the laquer that i sprayed the harder surfaces with seems to scratch easier, and has a blue tint to it. use the vinyl all around.