Spraymax 2k with hardener

...has anyone used it ? Getting ready to rattlecan my dash. Someone previous did a real bad job of black over meadium blue. I stripped all the black off with paint stripper and scuffed the blue up real good with scotchbrite pads. I am quite confident I can good adhesion with the surface I have now. Thought I'd do a krylon semigloss black and went looking for a hard clear coat. Found Spraymax 2k clear matte. It is a clearcoat in an arosal can with a cartridge of hardener inside. You puncture the hardener before you spray the clearcoat. Wondering if anyone has used this product and what you thought. I ordered through Amazon along with a resperator.

• Sponsors (?)

Hey you !, the top coat was a very light layer of what looked like krylon or rustoleum. That came off with stripper, alcohol and cheesecloth. Underneith was factory paint and it still had it's "gloss" Gloss was scuffed with scotchbrite, to bare metal in some high spots. New top coat is on, wiped down with alcohol first. been drying and setting for 5 days now. So far looks good. Hope I got lucky.

Well the Mustang is in South Dakota and I am enjoying the hot tub in Mesa AZ. I won't get back to the Stang for about a week and then I have until Christmas to mess with it. If what I sprayed on the dash doesn't look right, it is an easy do over and I have plenty of time. You make a good point though, stripper on any paint is going to effect the results of a top coat. I washed it good with alcohol as I was removing the stripper so maybe it won't bleed through. Thanks for the pointer, I'll look for any imperfections. This is "learn as I go". LOL

Reactions: 1 user