Fox Spring Suggestions

• Sponsors (?)

I have a 89 lx 5.0 and am looking for brand suggestions on lowering springs. I am currently considering BBKs any suggestions are appreciated

They are good springs, go for it. All the quality springs are about the same, Eibach, BBK, or Steeda. Honestly probably made by the same people, and they stamp a different logo on them. Be ready to buy a set of caster camber plates. Sometimes you can get the camber right without them, but most times you can't. You can download the alignment specs from Steeda's website for lowered springs. If you can't find them, I have them here somewhere. You might want to have a budget for small parts too. The rear of the car is piece of cake. Take you an hour tops to do both springs. Have a ratchet strap ready. Sometimes when you jack the lower control arm back in place, it doesn't align with the axle. You tie a ratchet strap from the back axle to the front of the car and ratchet it forward to line it up. The front springs are more involved. You might find that you need new ball joints or tie rod ends when you get in there, so budget accordingly.

Kurt

20170721_190838.jpg
My 89 with the Eibach Pro''s

Reactions: 1 user