SRT-4 can wax a '05 Mustang GT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A buddy of mine has a nearly stock SRT. We both go to the track atleast twice a week. He knows how to drive as I. NO matter if it's from a dig or rolling, I pulled away everytime. I do have much respect for this car though. It does pull pretty hard. I've since modded quite a bit and it's impossible for him to keep up. There is 1 SRT at the track that runs slicks, has the lastest and the greatest and he runs low 12's and knocking on 11's door. Most races between the SRT and the 05 GT will depend on the mods and mostly the driver. A good driver in an SRT will win if the 05 driver makes an error.
I think it's dumb or ignorant to make blanket statements about a car. There are too many variables.

• Sponsors (?)

169stang said:
A buddy of mine has a nearly stock SRT. We both go to the track atleast twice a week. He knows how to drive as I. NO matter if it's from a dig or rolling, I pulled away everytime. I do have much respect for this car though. It does pull pretty hard. I've since modded quite a bit and it's impossible for him to keep up. There is 1 SRT at the track that runs slicks, has the lastest and the greatest and he runs low 12's and knocking on 11's door. Most races between the SRT and the 05 GT will depend on the mods and mostly the driver. A good driver in an SRT will win if the 05 driver makes an error.
I think it's dumb or ignorant to make blanket statements about a car. There are too many variables.

Great post. I've seen them run 13's at the track and I've seen them run 15's at the track.

I have a 2005 mustang and my brother has a srt,we have raced many times. Both cars being stock,from a roll its a drivers race till about 110 then the mustang will walk the SRT. From a dig the 05 will work a srt,but it takes a decent driver to launch a 05 well. With my mods a walk my brothers stock srt pretty hard,I raced a modded srt and it was closer but I still pulled quite a few lengths on it too. The cars stock are real similar in trap speeds,but obviosly the 05 being RWD can hook better off the line. The SRT's are no joke from a roll,with slight mods they can be quick on the stock turbo. If you find one with a upgraded turbo it's lights out for any N/A 05 stang.

Unfortunately for the SRT-4 owner, its still a Neon and the Neon not only has poor build quality its one of the most dangerous cars to be driving in the event of an accident. Drive 'em with care.

Motorhead6T5 said:
I have a 2005 mustang and my brother has a srt,we have raced many times. Both cars being stock,from a roll its a drivers race till about 110 then the mustang will walk the SRT. From a dig the 05 will work a srt,but it takes a decent driver to launch a 05 well. With my mods a walk my brothers stock srt pretty hard,I raced a modded srt and it was closer but I still pulled quite a few lengths on it too. The cars stock are real similar in trap speeds,but obviosly the 05 being RWD can hook better off the line. The SRT's are no joke from a roll,with slight mods they can be quick on the stock turbo. If you find one with a upgraded turbo it's lights out for any N/A 05 stang.

Nice to hear a voice of reason :nice:

As evidenced through its average trap speeds vs ET, its obvious traction issues really hurt the FWD car off the line and at 110 and above the stock srt4 will begin to lose its pull, the real sweet spot is from 30-85 or 90 (above excessive tire spin and below run out from lack of torque). When you mod the srt things can get very intresting. There are a couple "big turbo" ones running around here in central NC that will pull on even lightly modded 03/04 Cobra's much less an 05

I continue to contend that its a "drivers race" in most cases when you line the two cars up in stock trim.

romans8:28 said:
...the real sweet spot is from 30-85 or 90 (above excessive tire spin and below run out from lack of torque)...

They spin tires above 90mph?? :shrug: I think you got them backwards, they spin real bad off the line (below 30). But one of the ones I raced (before I had my throttle body, MAF, powerpipe, suspension) started walking HARD around 100. But it didn't matter, cus I had let off, too dangerous to be driving that fast on the street. They have a lot more top-end than mustangs. But stock, I don't worry about those. I couldn't see how an SRT4 could beat a new GT, but then again the new GT's aren't running as fast as I originally thought they would. I kinda like the SRT's, they are pretty quick, and you gotta respect them. :nice:

CManT1914 said:
They spin tires above 90mph?? :shrug: I think you got them backwards, they spin real bad off the line (below 30). But one of the ones I raced (before I had my throttle body, MAF, powerpipe, suspension) started walking HARD around 100. But it didn't matter, cus I had let off, too dangerous to be driving that fast on the street. They have a lot more top-end than mustangs. But stock, I don't worry about those. I couldn't see how an SRT4 could beat a new GT, but then again the new GT's aren't running as fast as I originally thought they would. I kinda like the SRT's, they are pretty quick, and you gotta respect them. :nice:

You got it backwards.

Let me clear it up for you...

...the real sweet spot is from 30-85 or 90 (above excessive tire spin and below run out from lack of torque)...
0-30 (lack of traction)
30-85 or 90 (above excessive tire spin)
90+ (lack of torque)

The Mustang still does pretty well if you ask me, its the fastest base model yet. About a 5 second 0-60 and a 13 second 1320 time is awesome for a car priced @ $25000. I was surprised when the numbers were that much better than last years.

-Dan

cleveland said:
You got it backwards.

Let me clear it up for you...

0-30 (lack of traction)
30-85 or 90 (above excessive tire spin)
90+ (lack of torque)

The Mustang still does pretty well if you ask me, its the fastest base model yet. About a 5 second 0-60 and a 13 second 1320 time is awesome for a car priced @ $25000. I was surprised when the numbers were that much better than last years.

-Dan

Ah, I read it again and gotcha. 30-90 or so is above excessive tire spin, and below the lack of torque. I read it differently. But they still have some good top-end. You can't deny that. They will most likely beat any 99-04 GT after 100mph. :flag:

CManT1914 said:
Ah, I read it again and gotcha. 30-90 or so is above excessive tire spin, and below the lack of torque. I read it differently. But they still have some good top-end. You can't deny that. They will most likely beat any 99-04 GT after 100mph. :flag:

You guys did a great job interpreting what I was saying :nice: you got it right in the end, sorry I phrased it rather poorly.

The srt comes out of the hole rather poorly (FWD and little tires) and does not fair much better in a first gear punch either (at least mine did not)

I agree about the stock SRT beating the 99-04 model (infact I stated that earlier in this thread and was flatly told I was wrong LOL), problem is I know because I have personally done it on more than one occasion.

The 05 will pull on a SRT4 above 100 from what I have seen.

Remember this too, the SRT4 responds VERY well to basic bolt on's. Stage three will put them well over 300 rwhp without even requiring a tune :nice:
You do not want to mess with a 300+ example on the highway unless you pack a lunch

cleveland said:
13 second 1320 time is awesome for a car priced @ $25000.

How many stock GTs are pulling 13 seconds in the 1/4? I suppose if you mean "in the 13s" that's one thing (like 13.9), but pulling a flat 13 seems pretty unlikely stock.

Topic of thread

"SRT-4 can wax a '05 Mustang GT? "

I wouldn't let one wax mine! Rough on the paint job. But wouldn't it be a treat for an SRT-4 owner to actually get to wax a Mustang GT? That is about as close as they will get to a nice looking car :)

romans8:28 said:
Remember this too, the SRT4 responds VERY well to basic bolt on's. Stage three will put them well over 300 rwhp without even requiring a tune :nice:

I suppose that all depends on what you mean by "Tune". Since the stage 3 includes.
Stage 3 PCM
TD05HR-15GK2-10cm2 turbo unit

- 16% larger compressor wheel diameter to flow and compress more intake air
- 19% larger turbine wheel diameter to flow more exhaust gas and reduce back pressure
- 67% more turbine scroll area for reduced back pressure
High-Flow (75 psi) fuel pump module
Demand-regulated fuel rail assembly

Highlight on the PCM which comtrols the engine. So would hence be the "Tune".
http://www.mopar.com/srt_stage_3.htm

Equal driver race 05' will win hands down. We have 05's hitting 13.4 here in georgia. And i have raced a SRT with a boost controller and stage 2 bologna $hit. I busted his ass in my mach. Plain and simple syock vs stock
99-04 GT drivers race.
05' GT - you will squish a bug
03-04-- mach will change the paint job
96-98 GT -- this ricer is going to eat you.

Nice lil cars for the money, but its still a neon. I paid 24,700 for my mach hehe. And almost EVERY SRT driver around here are dicks. they think their **** dont stink and they have the fastest car in the world. Im not an @ss, but when i bet one i act like an @ss. And when upgraded to a stage 3, let me put that money on my stang and see who bust whos @ss. Dont worry about one unless stage 3 is on and you are stock. Most of them are running low 14's around here. And the fastest i have seen is a 13.2 with 21 PSI.
What do you think 21 PSI would do in a mach or 05' hmmmmm..........
BE GOD !

Status
Not open for further replies.