SRT10 Viper Truck...late night snack

fiveohwblow

Official Member
Jul 21, 2005
I was heading home from my buddies birthday party last night when I ran into an SRT10 truck from Dodge. Well, we went to a "closed course"... and went at it. I know roll racing isn't the greatest and is highly debated but I surely enjoy one every now and then to just see.

It was almost 1am and the weather was perfect at just around 60 degrees, no on else around in sight. We went from around 65 mph and finished off fourth. When we started he was around 1 to 1 1/2 car lengths ahead of me and he jumped the gun. I shifted to third and by the time we let off I was multiple car lengths ahead of him:nice:

Point is not only to share a worthy kill, but also I thought for sure at least at the lower speeds a truck powered by the viper engine would be even at least a little bit of a challenge...:shrug: I guess in contrast to others of the past he did alright, but a VIPER ENGINE??? Ill take the win though!:nice: :nice: :D

• Sponsors (?)

Nice kill man :nice: Shoot if I beat a 500 horse truck I would be braggin too. Everyone's just mad because they havent beat a 500 horse truck yet ...:rolleyes:

Thanks! I would like to see 90% of the Mustangs out there try to race it. I have seen numerous threads about people being excited to hit the 14's and 13's in their fox. I certainly haven't ever seen or heard of anyone hitting a low 13 in a stock fox... Took me a lot of blood sweat and tears to get where I am now. My point was stated initially that I was surprised and expected more, thats all:nice:

Thanks! I would like to see 90% of the Mustangs out there try to race it. I have seen numerous threads about people being excited to hit the 14's and 13's in their fox. I certainly haven't ever seen or heard of anyone hitting a low 13 in a stock fox... Took me a lot of blood sweat and tears to get where I am now. My point was stated initially that I was surprised and expected more, thats all:nice:

Thats another good point you bring up too. "Mine was built, yours was bought", I always say this to my friend that has an 04 STI when it comes to smack talk. I believe the retail for an srt-10 truck is around 40k also...

I like this aswell. I like to say I was the Mechanic to people when they see my car scream down the track. I like that I built it. I wish I had more money and it was a show car aswell but beating people is good.

have you seen the length of the drive shaft on the SRT?? it has to be at least 6 feet long. SRT rams dyno out at about 415 to the wheels. so they have already lost about 100 horse, then you figure that a reg cab weighs just under 6000lbs, a quad cab over 6500 and only come with an auto tranny that sux ballz. hopped up hemis are killing them left and right. I saw a ranger with a 302 swap blow the crap out of one last year too. Then there is this one dill hole here whose mommy and daddy buy him anything he wants so he builds this TT Hennessey SRT Ram and turns it into a dyno queen. He wont even run the damn thing. What a pu$$Y.

No they dont only come with an auto tranny. Only the crew cab models come with the auto. If you get the straight cab they come with the T-56 6 speed thats in the viper car. and i dont think they weight that much.

Actually the base curb weight for a straight cab is 5250 and they come with a 4.10 axle ratio and that t-56.

Nice kill though...its always nice to put a high dollar sports car away with our 15 year old domestic econo-sports cars.