SSBC Power disc brake conv. problem on 66

c24sc

Jan 1, 2008
Hey guys.

Well bought the ssbc power disc coversion for my 66 v8 that had manual drums all around. Install went totally fine till bleedind the brakes.

First all I bench bleed the new dual bowl MC (like i've done to many others), and hooked it up. Rears brakes bled fine, but the fronts always seem to have air. The bleeder screw is at 12. But the really wierd thing is that the rear bowl on the mc for the front brakes keeps bubbling a small amount of air from one of the whole. I even re-bench bled tll it was good.

What gives? Also, have no idea what the ideal lenght for the adjustable pushrod should be.

Any ideas? Going to go through all the fittings again, but used all lines. If one of the fittings was letting air in, is it normal to make its way up to the MC. Cause the air is bubbling from the first hole (closest to firewall) which is pushed by booster, and is before the pressure seal in the mc bore.

thanks
nate

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds to me like you're sucking air back into the front circuit somewhere, probably pretty close to the master cylinder. Go through all of the connections again. Are you sure there's not a leak somewhere? Usually air in = fluid out as well...

Not sure what you mean about the first hole being pushed by the booster. The booster pushes a pushrod into the master cylinder bore just like the pushrod on a manual brake car does. There's no extra air pressure or anything for the seals in the master cylinder to deal with.