North East SSoM Members!!!

Guess what I finally did

Attachments

• 14674858905571179930350.jpg
    14674858905571179930350.jpg
    475.8 KB · Views: 228
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Made just a little more progress this weekend. Wrapped a couple of the big exhaust pipes to cut down on radiant heat hitting the wiring and other things. Also wrapped the battery cable going to the starter. Installed the starter which involved removing the K member brace. Today I filled the engine and trans with oil. Got some new plugs and a drain tube for the turbo.
Next couple of things I have to do would be install the upper plenum and reinstall the power steering cooler that I removed when I put the turbo kit on. Also need to drain the fuel that is several years old. Bunch of little things.

Draining the gas took some time. The fuel pump doesn't stay on when you turn the key on. Was hoping since it wasn't building pressure in the rail that the pump would keep running. I would have had to hook up a jumper wire somewhere to get the pump to stay on constantly. So instead I cycled the key off and on. It took cycling the key about 35 times to get 1 gallon of fuel out. I pumped out over 8 gallons over a couple of days.
I primed the oil pump and have everything hooked up. Right now I have a new rubber shifter boot ordered because the original is rotted away.
I think all that I have to do is put in fresh fuel and try to fire her up.

Got it running today. Tapping noise coming from bellhousing. I thought something went wrong when I was bolting up the Trans to the engine. Well that will have to wait for another day. Don't feel like taking out the transmission myself while on my back. Probably tow it to my buddy's shop and have him work on it. Still have a couple other things to do first. At least it's running.

Last edited:
Got it running today. Tapping noise coming from bellhousing. I thought something went wrong when I was bolting up the Trans to the engine. Well that will have to wait for another day. Don't feel like taking out the transmission myself while on my back. Probably tow it to my buddy's shop and have him work on it. Still have a couple other things to do first. At least it's running.
Any update? I have a fresh fully built C4 sitting on the bench at home, as well as a nice set of slicks and skinnies. Will start working with Coast High Performance here in a few weeks to start the 408w build so it's ready to ship by then time I get home in December.

No. Just added more gas to the tank yesterday so it should be full now.
Still sitting on jack stands. Thinking about getting a transmission jack and pulling the Trans out myself.
The jack is the only thing holding me back. Recent heat and humidity don't help either.
BTW I like your C4 idea. With the Trans brake and the right converter, that will be a lot of fun.

Last edited:
Pulled the transmission today with my floor jack. Coming out was the easy part. Putting it back in sucked. Not sure why but one side of the pressure plate was hitting the bottom of the bell housing and causing that tapping noise. Took the pressure plate off and inspected it. Everything looked ok. I ground the spot on the bell housing just a little.
Transmission is back in. Now I have to reconnect various things and fill it with oil again before I can start the car. Hopefully every thing is good to go.

Well 408w long block has been on order for a few weeks now. Ended up going Coast High Performance, late model F4TE block, forged crank, H-beams, and pistons. Went with AFR-205 heads, and they will be doing a custom grind cam for me based on the car, trans and usage. Still deciding on what intake to order. Stuck between the Air Gap, and Super Vic right now. For fuel, looking at the new FiTech fuel injection system. If you haven't looking into them, check them out. A couple hundred more then a carb, no cold start issues, tuneable from a touch screen! Can't wait to get this project rolling. I'll be taking pics all the way, so hopefully can breath some more life into this thread. December 8th cant get here soon enough!