North East SSoM Members!!!

Nice! Fuel injection systems are getting cheaper and easier to use every day. I've seen that name in some magazine articles.
My car is running ok. Think the tapping noise in the bellhousing is gone. It's still on jack stands in the barn. Haven't done anything to it in a while.
Getting ready for cold weather. It's in the mid 20's to low 30's this morning .

• Sponsors (?)

IMG_3531.JPG
She's coming together!

Last edited:
So how long before you drop it in the car?
The antisipation must be killing you.
Trying to drop it in this weekend. I've been home for over a month, and have had the motor since I got back. Haven't had the damn time to do it though. I pretty much have everything else I need to get it up and running minus the trans cooler and lines. Wiring is going to be fun. I'd love to shave and clean up the engine bay before I drop it in, but that will take months. At this point I just want to get it up and running for the upcoming season. Maybe next winter I will pull the motor and do all that.

Ended up not getting it in last weekend. Hoping for this weekend. Have the braided stainless cooler lines on order, should be here tomorrow. Once I get the motor in, the rest is just nickel/dime stuff. Hope to fire it by mid February. First start is going to be interesting. Have to get it fired up, set the timing, get the FiTech dialed in, burp the cooling system, and get the C4 filled all at once. Going to be interesting. Part of me just wants to drop the motor in, get it running and run through a couple heat cycles before I put the trans in, but I really don't feel like bench pressing that beast in from under the car when it's so much easier to just stuff the motor and trans together.....

I would put the Trans in with the motor. So much easier. Although it's tempting don't start until everything is hooked up.
Can't you fill the Trans before you start it? You should be able to fill the converter before you put it on the transmission. Then fill the trans. It may not be completely full at start up but you should be fine. Then top it off after its running.
Good luck. Hope everything goes smoothly.

I would put the Trans in with the motor. So much easier. Although it's tempting don't start until everything is hooked up.
Can't you fill the Trans before you start it? You should be able to fill the converter before you put it on the transmission. Then fill the trans. It may not be completely full at start up but you should be fine. Then top it off after its running.
Good luck. Hope everything goes smoothly.
Oh yeah, I will fill the converter before installation, and trans once lines are run before first start. Unfortunately did not get the motor stuffed again as planned. Family stuff came up on Sat, then the weather was brutal here yesterday so I didn't want to risk leaving one of our daily drivers outside with the high risk of baseball sized hail. I ended up redoing all the nasty 22 year old wiring harnesses I will be using. Came out pretty good.