Standard rotation water pump

What is the best standard rotation water pump to get. I'm only running crank, alt, and WP. I'm assuming that I need a standard rotation pump. I've heard something about getting one that went on an old Crown Vic. What year and will it fit perfectly? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Yes you can go to a parts store and just get one for an older crown vic. You will need to take the backplate off the stock water pump and reuse it on the standard rotation pump because the holes will not line up with your timing cover.

I bought a standard pump from an 89 Crown Vic from autozone. I switched out the back plate like you said and it went right on but now my factory wp pulley wont go on. I was going to get a set of underdrives but what set will work now?

Forgot to mention you will need to drill new holes. What I did was just grab a small piece of cardboard and put a hole in the center for the part poking out at the end. Then poke holes to get the hole pattern, then just copy that over to the pulley and drill new holes for it.

You can keep the stock tensioner. As for the belt length that is going to vary on every setup. I would sugest just getting a piece of string, keep it as straight as you can, mark the length and measure it then go to a parts store and ask for a xx" belt and how many ribs you need, they should be able to get you one based on the part number. If you want you can buy a size up and down from what you measured as it will not be exact. It would be easier to visit local parts store and have an extra car because you are going to need to make a few trips regardless.

Thanks for your help but I actually decided to just keep the factory reverse WP after I tried to drill the holes in the pulley and messed it all up. I orderd an ac delete pulley kit from UPR which seems like it work with my setup. I'll post pics after the install