StangNet's Project 67

Progress Thread Stangnet's Project 67

I had to pretty much go with the fenders I got with the kit because they were modified to fit the front fasica, basically the lower front was removed and tig welded.

13 - 5.jpg
most guys don't like to work with fiberglass but i kind of like it .you can either build it up or knock it down .i like to leave it slightly above the adjoining panel and sand across both for a perfect fit. nice thing about my 69 is the fenders and the hood are fiberglass so i can work them both at the same time . that front end is going to look great:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

MRaburn updated StangNet's Project 67 with a new update entry:

Color is Changin, Reface is on to start blocking #1

We finished getting all the gaps the way we wanted. Fitment has been done and now we have taken her back apart and will start finishing all the surfaces.. we started with UPOL Reface to block it down.

IMG_3498.JPG
Its nice to finally see it all in one color!

IMG_3503.JPG
Clean door jams! Removed the body seams and smoothed it out. Lower smooth C's are in too and you can see the clean look it presents.

IMG_3499.JPG

IMG_3502.JPG
No more seams in the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Original 428 Cobra Jet Crank

Yep... have had this for several years stored in the corner, had always thought it was a 390 crank. It's actually a 68 428 CobraJet crank. It mic'd out just fine at 10/20. Gonna have the journals polished and rock and roll. ;)

IMG_3505.JPG

I've got all the other parts found and needed to build a true FE Iron. An original block, crank and 428 CJ Heads.

Now shopping for the cam.

Reactions: 1 user

Primer Going On

It's been a bit slow but the Holidays and colder weather has slowed up down.

The intial blocking has been done with Reface and now primer has been applied to the doors, hood and deck lid. These will be wet blocked again to make sure there is no question they are straight.

The body will be going on the rotisserie soon and having the under body done, engine bay painted and jams cut in with paint.

Stay tuned!

photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG photo 3.JPG ...

Body In First Primer

Slow and steady! First coat of primer is on. Only 2 more blocking's to go. :) We will then start on the bottom the car, seam sealer, coating and body color. Then we will put the suspension back on and make a roller again.

The car will be painted twice. First round is just to get color on everything and lock it down. We will then build the car out, dings and scratches can fall where they may, and then we will assemble the entire body, sand and paint again to get the metallics the way we...

Engine Update

The 428 CJ is coming along.

This is an all Iron (Fe) setup. We have an original 69 428 block, CJ Crank and CJ Heads.

So far...
428 CJ Iron setup
Comp Cams and Rocker Kit
Eagle Rods
Diamond Pistons

Our calculated compression is about 11.5:1.

The block is bored and honed.
The heads have been worked and built.
Crank, Cams, Rods and Pistons installed.

photo 4.JPG photo 2.JPG photo 1.JPG

Thanks to Comp Cams for helping...

Paint! Cut in the jams, engine bay and underbody

Today we were finally able to get some Guardsman Blue on the 67.

We cut in the door jams, engine bay and underbody.

For the underbody we did a bedliner coating from Gravitex (UPol) and the sprayed on the blue then clear. The suspension, lines and driveline should pop! ;)

Next we will be putting the suspension back on and starting on the engine bay. Stay tuned.

14 - 9.jpg

14 - 6.jpg

14 - 7.jpg
14 - 2.jpg

She is a rolling chassis again!

After the cutting in the paint of the Guardsman Blue, our Fastback project has gotten her 'roll back. We reinstalled the RRS Suspension and now we can start building out the engine bay. Our plan is to paint the rest of the Mustang once we get the engine bay is complete. This will help prevent any dings or dents in the fenders, etc... and once we install all the body pieces and paint, we would rather not be taking it back apart.

Also of note, StangNet has now moved into its new shop. We...

428 CJ FE Running on the Engine Stand

The engine is up and running for our 67 Project. The engine will be EFI once installed in the car but my friend helping me build the engine is an old school Ford Tech from the 60s so we left it simple with a Holley setup for the initial start up.

Take a gander at the video, let us know your thoughts! :)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KAKntOsw7g

Reactions: 1 users
Hello,
New to the Forum Goup . . . I'd like to know more info about your shock tower work. I'm working on a '67 Coupe and would like to try it myself. Although, I'm on a major budget, but willing to try.
The wheel well work, is it a kit or your own work ? I'd like to know details, so I could perform the same work.
. . . Great work by the way.