Start Up Tune And Mass Air

ra90coupe

Jan 13, 2016
hi im looking for some help with a tune car has a 347 (big bore 331) 80lb injectors and turbo. currently have a abaco dbx and anderson series 4 pms. i was wondering if there wass a better mass air or if the abaco will work. its a mostly street driven car.

• Sponsors (?)

i bought two of the abaco meters at differant times (though one was bad) from differant places one being anderson and never got the cd to reprogram lol. they both are set for 42lb. i tried to find abacos website with no luck.

no i only got a receipt. i was gonna try anderson to see if i could send it back to be calibrated for 82lb. i tried to get ahold of the first place i bought from with no answer witch is normal (my engine builder) . i hate to buy another meter but if thats what has to happen then so be it. thanks for your help so far havent had much luck

The best way to tune with that meter is to "remove" any calibrations from it's tables (in other words, make V in = V out) and tune the car from there via the EEC (in your case with the PMS). I've been running one for about 6 years without issue.

when the v in = the v out what does that do to the meter?

It just makes it so that it reports its true transfer function to the EEC. When your V out is different than your V in, you're "lying" to the computer, which is unnecessary when you have tuning ability via the PMS.

Did you reach out to AFM? Are they able to get you the software? If not, I can see if there is a way for me to share a copy with you.