Electrical Starter Cable Brackets

jraap82

Active User
Aug 29, 2016
Need some help on where the two brackets on the stock starter cable get attached. We're getting close to the end of the engine rebuild on an 89 GT and the brackets weren't attached when we got it so I'm not sure where they go. I think I figured out where the one on the passenger side gets attached but I'm clueless to the one on the drivers side. Pictures would be the best bet to help me figure this out, but I'll take anything you got. Thanks in advance!

v/r
Joe

• Sponsors (?)

Easy, they all attach in same place
Drivers side there is threaded hole below the ground bolt just above the oil pan rail I try to get a pick later this morning or someone will post one they already have

Thank you and a pic would be great if possible. This is my first mustang and also first engine rebuild. The grounds were also not present when I got it so not 100 percent sure what threaded hole you're talking about. I'll check it out when I get home though, I can't imagine it's that hard to spot.

v/r
Joe

Alright, I found the threaded hole on the passenger side for sure but still no luck on the drivers side. Does it attach in front or behind the oil filter?

v/r
Joe

It attaches here.

Battery ground.jpg

Sweet! I appreciate that pic, helps out a ton! Where should I look for exploded views like that?

v/r
Joe

It attaches here.

Battery ground.jpg

So I've been at work since you sent the pic and just now got home and checked it out to find out that's not what mine looks like, lol. Did a little more digging and that is for the 2.3 engines. From what I've read so far, on the 5.0, the bracket and ground are attached to a bolt that goes into the hole on the drivers side of the timing chain cover. I just wanted to clarify this in case anyone runs into the issue like me. I do appreciate the responses and help though!

v/r
Joe