Fox starter wire bracket mounting location

kendawg73

Feb 5, 2014
where do the 2 mounting brackets get bolted to that clamp onto the starter power cable, and there are some other wires attached to that as well. I install the new mini starter and new power cable.. but looking at the old one, it had two brackets on it... with 1 bolt hole in each.. and I'm not sure where they get bolted to. I look at some old pics I took before I took car apart, I see one bracket in them, but can't see the end where it's attached to the car/motor. Can someone send me a detailed pic of there mounting location please? I thought maybe the front part of the motor mount where it bolts to block maybe?? not sure.

• Sponsors (?)

The one on the drivers side is located near the oil pressure sender and shares the bolt with the battery ground cable, the passenger side all by itself near the intersection of the oil pan, block and timing cover. The wiring for the drivers side o2 and oil level sender is taped to the cable in front of the oil pan headed to the passenger side.

The one on the drivers side is located near the oil pressure sender and shares the bolt with the battery ground cable, the passenger side all by itself near the intersection of the oil pan, block and timing cover. The wiring for the drivers side o2 and oil level sender is taped to the cable in front of the oil pan headed to the passenger side.

So the drivers side, is that the bolt on the side of timing cover? So the ground and this bracket goes there?

And I do remember seeing a bolt hole on the pass side in the block behind the timing cover, that the right one?

Now I have to clean and paint the brackets, and the wires is all oily (the ones attached to the old starter cable, guess I'll soak it in a bucket of purple power and get it clean.

Thanks for the reply...

Update the wire, the greasy stock wire is not worth cleaning and reusing, go to my thread: https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/tired-of-painting-put-lights-in-stang.903839/
And see what I did, only thing I not recomend the jumper wire like I did, wire it with the one small starter wire added to the solenoid like the factory mini starter has.

not the starter wire, I bought a new one, along with the neg and pos battery cables.... I also upgraded to the mini start LMR sells, which came with the smaller starter wire... I'm talking about cleaning the other wires that are attached to that cable... think it's the O2 ones, ect.