Starting And Stalling Issues

Oct 21, 2017
Once again I am back with yet another issue thrown at me. Today I tried to start my car, it wouldn't start. I kept trying and it wouldn't start. After 5 attempts it slowly started up finally. It ran perfectly fine, but then after 5 minutes it stalled out. I started it again, and it ran again for about 5 minutes and stalled out. I replaced the fuel pump, It's brand new and I hear it click on so Im pretty sure its not that. Like I said it was idling like a dream. about 850 rpms solid like it should.

• Sponsors (?)

A common problem on our cars is the distributor PIP (pickup) going bad, alongside a TFI module going bad as well. No guarantees that's it (it doesn't throw codes) but failing to start, or stalling when it gets hot, is the common warning sign. You can also get a fuel pressure gauge and double-check your fuel pressure. Brand new is sometimes DOA.

A common problem on our cars is the distributor PIP (pickup) going bad, alongside a TFI module going bad as well. No guarantees that's it (it doesn't throw codes) but failing to start, or stalling when it gets hot, is the common warning sign. You can also get a fuel pressure gauge and double-check your fuel pressure. Brand new is sometimes DOA.
If thats the case, I'll prob just buy a new distributor. Mine is the stock on and It's pretty dirty and nasty under the cap. I was going to replace that anyways sometime in the future. Might as well do it now see if thats why my car has issues.