starting my swap

ok, when i pulled the wire harness and headlight harness it was in bad shape, so im in need of a head light harness, does anyone got one laying around out a donor car or somthing, i have an extra injector harness and a 140 spedo out an 89 gt im willing to trade, or buy the head light harness. pm me if interested thanks

• Sponsors (?)

If there are no hooks, I usually get a couple of bolts that can thread into the front and back of the cylinder heads (say, pass front and driver's rear) and run the bolts through the chain that you are going to use on the hoist. Just make sure you get long enough bolts that you can get a decent amount threaded into the head so they don't snap off on you.

ok, when i pulled the wire harness and headlight harness it was in bad shape, so im in need of a head light harness, does anyone got one laying around out a donor car or somthing, i have an extra injector harness and a 140 spedo out an 89 gt im willing to trade, or buy the head light harness. pm me if interested thanks

i may have one in my parts car ill check this after noon and pm you

If you don't find someone with one, I know there is a website that sells upgraded headlight harnesses. They aren't priced too bad either, I just can't remember the name of the site. Others on here have mentioned it before. So maybe they'll chime in.

If there are no hooks, I usually get a couple of bolts that can thread into the front and back of the cylinder heads (say, pass front and driver's rear) and run the bolts through the chain that you are going to use on the hoist. Just make sure you get long enough bolts that you can get a decent amount threaded into the head so they don't snap off on you.

what size bolt do you recomend

im probably over reacting, but on the conectors that are to the cpu on the 4 banger harness the same as the v8, cause i pulled the harness today to put the v8 harness and it was diff. the car is a 91 and the the harness if from a 93, but i was told it would work, well the 91 has the green and grey conector and the cpu conector, the 93 v8 has green and grey cpu and another one, heres a pik of the 93 harness. View attachment 222211 i hope i didnt get screwd out of $160, if so im set back till im able to sell that harness and get another, on top of that i need the head light harness. i just wanna start my car up and enjoy it and mod it if anyone can help me out in anyway ill be so gratefull, if anyone has a harness for me pm me and we can make a deal maby trade for what i got or somthing.

Arrgh ...flashbacks to a year and half ago. Good luck...patience is key.

edit...sounds like youre trying to use the cpu from the 4 with the harness from the 8. you need to use the V8 engine harness and V8 cpu - everything else as far wiring for headlights and such is the same.

Ah...then patience is still the key. Fire it up when its all back together. Test run it to make sure everything is ok(bring up to operating temp for awhile to make sure all your sensors work). Test drive it to make sure you can. Then burnout. I didnt light up the rear for probably 2 weeks after I was driving the car. I play it uber safe though. Dont want months of work down the crapper.

Ah...then patience is still the key. Fire it up when its all back together. Test run it to make sure everything is ok(bring up to operating temp for awhile to make sure all your sensors work). Test drive it to make sure you can. Then burnout. I didnt light up the rear for probably 2 weeks after I was driving the car. I play it uber safe though. Dont want months of work down the crapper.

i feel you bro i would be pissed if all my hard work went to ****, thats why im procrastinating on the swap, im taking time cause ive never done this kind of work,its my first stang and first swap,i had a civic before my stang,what scares me the most is messing up fuel lines when pulling them,and the rearend,cause i dont know how to do it,lol but we all gota learn somhow rite.