starting to dislike my tuner..long post

Night Shifter

Dec 24, 2005
Daytona
so back in may i switched over to the sniper software to retune for my cams and freshly built motor. Delta Force is only 20mins away from where i work so i guy them a call about getting my car tuned after it was put together and they said yeah no problem give us a date and we'll set it up...so i gave a date..

when that time came i called and let them know i was ready.. he says what time you available? i tell him my schedule, 8-5 mon-tues, 9-4 wed-fri, and 10-4 on sat... he asks me if i can come in earlier i say maybe...since i had just started my new job i couldnt come in earlier so i set up a date for 4:30 on a fri that he says he can stay late... give him a call that fri he cancels sayin hes working on a car for his daughter and has to leave so i try another day, same excuse..try and try for another week or so and same thing... finally he says how bout i drop by your work one morning and ill use your guys' dyno and ill do it i said let me check and then well go from there... so i get the ok and he comes tom my work and does the tune..

BUT, our dyno wasnt working properly so he loads a tune in the car, does a pull, reloads another tune does a pull then says a/f meter wasnt working so drop by his shop after i get off for the finished tune...tryed to go there later that day and get denied...so i say f it cause the car seemed to run fine

over the past few months my car has had no idle whatsoever and has been running like total chit so i give him a call last week and set up a day

guess what, no go so we work back and forth a couple days and finally set up a date for wed the 4th...well the owner cam into my work and had us stay late so once again i call him let him know whats going on and ask about today... after him going ummmmmmmm eerrrrrrr aaahhhhhhhh leemeeeee check my scheduleee for a few minutes we agree on 3:30 and he tells me to call as 12 to check up....

call today at 12 and say ill be there...he ask what time so i tell him 3:30...he asks if i can get there any sooner so i say no since im working...he tells me then he's leaving at 3 to get a crank for a bike hes been having worked on and if maybe he can come to my shop that i dont own to just do the tune on our dyno tomorrow? WTF? this is getting effing retarded... so i ask my boss but he has to make 90 calls to his boss to get the ok if i can even have the guy use our dyno....im effing pissed..sorry for the long post but damn, how are you going to blow off a customer so bad?

ive made other plans to go back to my sf3 and get tuned by justin at vmp tuning....just sucks now because i have to shell out another 300 to go get another tune when sniper will do the rest of my tunes for free...thats what he says they do there anyway...sorry for the long post just had to vent

if anyone ever want to get tuned there id look in 25 more directions first...

• Sponsors (?)

So does this mean that your offer a few days ago about your SF3 for sale is no longer for sale? :D In all seriousness it sounds like your getting your chain yanked pretty damn hard by Sniper and if a business doesn't seem to have time for you then they obviously don't have time for my business. Just my .02 coming from a business major.

i called sniper back and told him i need to set my car back to stock because i was having vmp tune it so now supposedly when i get off work tomorrow is the perfect time for him to tune it so we'll see...

if he does come through then the sf3 is still up for grabs, if not then ill be using that bad boy...im almost betting it doesnt get tuned tomorrow but we'll see

i hate to talk bad about people and i know for sure he can do good work but damn, if youre open 8-5 wouldnt you want to keep an existing customer happy by tuning there car no matter what time during your work hours they needed to come in?

Sounds like poor management skills to me. if you have something booked I dunno why he would continually bump you out, maybe one or twice, but there has to be other customers he could juggle around as well.

i could see him putting me off to get a new paying customer on the dyno to tune but not to go pick up a damn crank after already scheduled me...this is coming from the owner not a manager either

so, yesterday after i tell him im going elsewhere he tells me to call him today cause after 4 will be a freat time for him, so i called him today at 1:20pm

me "hey whats going on, we still on today"
him "um well, its not looking so good for today, i have to go to walmart"
me "umm what?"
him "well ill tell ya what, just call me bofore you get off"

:rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:

i cant make this chit up folks

Walmart is serious business :rlaugh: It sounds like you just need to show up during business hours to get it done if you are confident in his tuning skills; rather than "scheduling" since you aren't being a priority customer when that happens.

i know damn..damn wal mart controlling the world....

im just going to switch back to my sct stuff and go with justin at vmp...he does really good tunes around here and hes a good guy... our dyno went down for one of our corvette shows and he happened to be in the building and went out and fixed the problem for us and went back about his business..hes a good guy