Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Vs MGW Shifter

• Sponsors (?)

I haven't tried a MGW, looks just fine though!

However, I have ran the Pro 5.0, Tri-Ax, Hurst, B&M Ripper, and stock.

I would rate them in that order.

The Pro 5.0 has the shortest throw of them all, and includes new longer shifter mounting bolts to have more bites in the transmission so you do not rip out the old threads:nice:

The stoutness of the Pro 5.0 is very nice.

I had one on my 2000, and I have one on my daily driven '98 for a reason:)

Whenver this comes up one resonse that always shows is to use a pro-5.o base with a tri-ax handle....

When i buy I am going pro 5.0 as I never heard anythign negative about them.

I just bought another S351 and it has a Steeda in it. My other one has a Pro 5.0.

The Steeda is TERRIBLE compared to the Pro 5.0. If I didn't have the pro 5.0 I would probably think it was o.k.

I would like to try the MGW and see what they are like, I have heard great things about them!

Another thing ... It can be about how you are made as well :D

As for me ... I got kinda long arms and legs

So I take some of these threads with that in mind when some say the
handle is not positioned correctly :shrug:

Grady

Ive had the Tri Ax and loved it, I have a pro 5.0 now and it feels more notchy but that could be due to the Tremmec 3550. The Tri Ax was on a stock 95 GT tranny. I have not tried the MGW other then shifting one in a friends car. Id get one for mine if they made it for the 3550 :mad:

i think the MGW advertises 360 degree rotation for the handle so idealy you could dial it in. supposed to be 'the quietest' too.
-IMHO i think the whole topic is over thought. as long as it has positve stops, it will work fine and is better that stock.