Steeda Tri Ax shifter?

Pennywise2

Banned
May 16, 2006
How do you like your Steeda Tri Ax shifter in your 5.0L?
Does it shift good and feel good to shift?
I have heard some great reviews on the Steeda Tri Ax I was just
wondering what you guys think about it?

• Sponsors (?)

Well,I liked it for 1 day I had it in my car.I bought it and the next day cracked my input shaft in the t-5 cuz I hit 3rd so hard:bang: .When I put the tremec in,I had to buy another to fit the 6 bolt pattern as opposed to stock 4bolt.So I went with the pro 5.0.I really liked the fact that the tri-ax came with 2 arms to shorten the throw if you want to,and its bent towards the driver so you can sit back and hit 5th.Excellent quality and looks good too.I can certainly attest to the spring loaded 3rd gear working great.You wont miss 3rd ever again.The pro 5.0 I like and will keep cause the shifts are shorter and crisper than the tri-ax.Guess it depends on where your going in the future with the car.But,the tri-ax shouldnt displease you in any way.

I have a Tri-Ax in my 89.
The only thing I didn`t like was the aluminum handle it came with because I read stories of guys breaking them.

I replaced the aluminum handle with a Kona Racing billet steel handle.

I see now that Steeda offers a steel handle for the Tri-Ax.

The Tri-Ax is 100% better than the stock shifter.Any good aftermarket shifter is better than the stock piece of crap.

i got the tri ax in my 95. im happy with it. i believe there are two different adjustments for the handle to make it short or really short. drove a friends 94 with a pro 5.0 in it and i really liked it too. either one is a good choice :nice:

fiveoho said:
i got the tri ax in my 95. im happy with it. i believe there are two different adjustments for the handle to make it short or really short. drove a friends 94 with a pro 5.0 in it and i really liked it too. either one is a good choice :nice:

I stand corrected,its not 2 handles but 1 with adj,I knew there was 2 different settings,but I just forgot on account I only had it for 1 day I guess.