steeda tri-ax short shift v. hurst SS?

• Sponsors (?)

I also was faced with this decision not too long ago. I have never had a short shifter before so I had no frame of reference, and it is not like you can go around trying them out. In the end I decided that since I have never had one before it would be very hard for me to be dissapointed so I saved 100 bucks and went with the Hurst. To me it feels great and is lightyears ahead of the stock shifter. I am sure the guys with steedas will say that they are better, but I guess you have to ask yourself is the slight differences between the two worth the big difference between the prices?

I just got the Hurst shifter installed in my car today. It has a much shorter throw than stock and is very precise. Plus the handle seems slightly taller than stock, which I like. And it doesn't get any cooler than having HURST on the handle and on the white cue ball, especially in a retro car like the new Mustang. The only downside I can see so far is that it is noisier when shifting gears than the stock shifter. I hope that goes away with some miles on it. It also takes a little more effort, which to me is not a bad thing, but some may not like it.

A friend's son had a Steeda shifter in his Mustang (pre-'05) and he said it rattled a lot. I've never had experience with one. Every car I've owned that had a manual trans has had a Hurst. It's the only way to go as far as I'm concerned.

Well I went with the Steeda so I will post on how things work out. I can't imagine they could price it $100 higher if it was worst than Hurst. And I might get the Hurst white cue ball on the Steeda shifter :) :hail2:

JSkwarek said:
Ford Racings short throw shifter is the Hurst shifter without the Hurst handle.

Jason
ford racing also offers a B&M made short throw shifter as well as the HURST made shifter......the hurst shifter is on page 15 while the b&m is on page 17 of the 2006 FRPP catalog......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey I work for pro 5.0 and the reason why our shifter and Steedas shifters are more expensive is because our shifters are more expensive to make. We both use billet components through out. Our shifters are made to shift better 50,000 miles from now. We even use anodized steel on all of the wearable parts that take the most abuse. We also use a highly porous Teflon material for our center ball. It is the same material that doctors use for hip replacements because it is sooo durable. The Quality of the material also makes it self lubricating. It is permeated with Lucas grease. It took us 2 years just to decide on the best grease to use. We pride ourselves on making the best and we also commend Steeda for coming out with ever better products that help us push ourselves to the limit of technology, Materials, and craftsmanship.