Steeda tubular front sway bar

Dark Knight GT

I can't get it up......ok that didn't sound right.
May 26, 2003
Ozark, Missouri
I was wondering if any of you guys know how good the Steeda front end sway bar is on the 96-04 Mustangs ? Do any of you have any experience with this piece ?

Also, if anyone can provide some tech info, I was wondering how much this piece weighs, and is it compatible with the UPR k-member ? I know the stock sway bar can be bolted up to the UPR k-member, and I know with the Steeda front end sway bar, you have to re-use the stock ends to bolt it up. Any insight on this will be helpful. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

lightblade said:
i have one with a qa1 tubular k-member, fits and works fine, cant remember how much it ways though
Alright, cool. Then it should bolt up to the UPR k-member without problems then, since both are aftermarket k-members.
tomustang said:
to take into consideration, when you upgrade the front swaybar you are adding to the Understeer
The one I was looking at is the one that is carried by Mustangtuning.com

I was planning on putting this on the front end with the following:

UPR K-member
UPR Chromoly a-arms
UPR Coil over kit w/ 175lb 14" springs
Maximum Motorsport 4 bolt caster camber plates
Maximum Motorsports Strut tower brace
Maximum Motorsports Bump Steer kit
QA1 single adjustable struts

Part of the reason why I was looking into an aftermarket piece is because I wouldn't mind improving the handling of my car, while shedding some weight off the front end. I know it won't be but about 5-7lbs lighter weight than the stock piece, but every bit helps.

Do you think it would be a bad idea ?

Caballo said:
Not for sure, but if it's a "stock replacement" piece, it should fit if the stock one does.

If I'm reading this right then the front sway bar from steeda weighs 11.8 lbs.
Hmmmm. So accordingly to that, its actually about 4.5lbs heavier ? Thats interesting. I wasn't aware the stock sway bar was so light weight. I always read it was heavier than that. Very odd.

Thanks for all the help guys, I appreciate it.

Dark Knight GT said:
Part of the reason why I was looking into an aftermarket piece is because I wouldn't mind improving the handling of my car, while shedding some weight off the front end. I know it won't be but about 5-7lbs lighter weight than the stock piece, but every bit helps.

Do you think it would be a bad idea ?
handling needs to improve in the back too, i wouldn't change the front bar cause it's big enough and work wells, what you can do that will improve is to add MM swaybar bushings and a set of Endlinks to the stock bar

stock for stock, the front and rear rely alot on springs and swaybars to keep the balance of steering, you don't want to completely stiffen up the front without doing to rear

Well, I had planned on doing a rear sway bar as well, that is assuming I could get a decent one that would work well. I know by stiffening the sway bars, you have more responsive steering, which is good for corner carving, but can be bad in the incident that you jerk the wheel really quick, as you might turn it too quick.

What kind of rear sway bars are out there that will work well for the rear ? Thanks.

Dark Knight GT said:
What companies even make an adjustable rear sway bar ? I know Steeda does, but aren't you suppost to use it with the stock rear sway bar on the car ? Just wondering.
i don't really pay attention to steeda ;) i'd say look at MM's adjustable swaybar, they have different sizes